Sunday, October 31, 2010

Garage Saling (is that spelt right?)

So I got my new camera this week and its sooo cool.  I still need to sit down and read all about it but that just seems like a big chore.  And having time has been a little hard as well, Kade thinks its okay to go to bed after 10pm.  My friend Rebecca and I have been going to garage sales every weekend and it was been so great so I thought I would share some of my treasures.  But to start off here are some pictures of Kade.
I LOVE this picture it makes me laugh so much. Kathy he loves his worm (the wooden bead toy he is holding).

I was playing around with my camera.  I don't really like this picture of me but I think its pretty cute at Kade

This picture is a little dark but I don't care. Yesterday was a great day at garage sales.  I got the mirror for $10 and will probably repaint it..any suggestions on color?  I also got Kade a ton of books. All the books I got him are pretty much brand new.  I also got him a swet puzzle.  I think I paid maybe $6 for the books and the puzzle.

Last week I found this popper for $2 and Kade loves watching it. Now I just can't wait for him to crawl so he can get the balls when they fly out.  Also got books, the top ones are soft books which are pretty cool

Rebecca and I made these Halloween decorations

I got that turquoise frame a couple weeks ago and then painted it I love that color

Here are more finds from yesterday.  I am so excited to use the suit cases in a photo shoot.  One was $2 and the other $3.  The white  thing is a chalk board with a little holder i just thought it was cute and then another toy for Kade for a buck

Last week I found the wash bin for $3-what a steal.  THen i found some hard back books that are Dr. Seuss. and the stool i found on Friday at an estate sale.  Can't wait to use these two props as well.

And I'm pretty sure I broke something on my foot.  I hit that stupid bouncy seat as I was trying to get to the phone. Anyways it hurts and it makes me mad because I can't run and its so pretty don't you think?

7 comments:

bjahlstrom said...

Honestly, those are some amazing g-sale finds! I really like the old suitcases.

Smart Helm said...

Ouch. I am impressed with your garage finds. I think my problem is that I don't get out early enough cuz Melissa and I are biking. But maybe we can go and bike later. How early do you go? Do you go all over the city or just the rich places? Do you look in the paper first? Is there a better month/season/year?

Oh.. and I will crochet anything for you. I'm always looking for purpose in my life and its way more fun when you know the person ur doing it for will really like it.

Sarah Jarvis said...

Love the stuff you got! Awesome! Good deals make me happy! Sorry about your toe, hope it gets better soon and it is NOT broken! Oh, and the Halloween guys you made are awesome! They really look cool!

wilson4 said...

Ouch!!! I hope it's not broken. Maybe you should get it checked out. Good job shopping. I don't have the patience for garage sales.

Joy :) said...

Ouch! Toes take a long time to heal. I love the suit case! That will be great in a picture!

Emily said...

We have "Ten Wriggly, Wiggly Caterpillars" and it is one of Brinly's favorites

rebecs said...

cute pics of your little guy. And I like your 2x4s in the leaves. and you are one lucky girl to get some great finds yard-sale-ing.