Friday, October 22, 2010

Venison and Pumpkins

Last Saturday we met up with the T family and went to the farm near by.  Its cute but not as fun or as cool as the Avila Barn back at home.  Here you have to pay to go see the farm animals and they bring the pumpkins in they don't grow any.  It was still fun and a beautiful day.  The weather has been awesome the past week.  I love the fall time except I don't like my feet being cold and now they are always freezing.  I have also been running 3 times a week with Mrs T and feeling a lot better.  Hopefully my pants will fit better. Man this little guy added fat in weird places.


Okay so it was a little bright where we put him, doesn't he look thrilled to be at the pumpkin patch?

A family picture. I love Kade's face he has been sucking on his bottom lip a lot and makes this face, it just cracks us up oh and he has learned how to spit so while he is doing this face the amount of slobber that comes out is amazing. 

This is one of our friends Lil B. Isn't he so cute!

We walked over to see the horses and Mrs T is tryint to take pictures of Lil B

We decided to start using out venison, I mean it doesn't make since to have it sit in the frezzer.  Sorry if you are grossed out but I wanted to post this because we got this meat grinder with our kitchen aid for our wedding and this is the first time we(I mean Jesse) used it.

It works great

I thought the close up was pretty cool

And we made spaghetti with it.  You can't even taste the differnce.  The best part is venison is supposed to be really lean meat.  And how cool is it that it came from a deer Jesse shot. Tonight we made tacos and they were just as good.  I think I could get used to having a ton of meat in the freezer and never having to buy any.

5 comments:

Erin Farrar said...

I love your family picture and the first picture of Kade is too funny. Poor child.

Powers Fam said...

What fun! Aren't holidays with a little one the best? I just took Jukia and Tyler to Avila yesterday. I had one of their sandwiches for the first time. Ooooooh sooo good. My sister used to grind her own meat. Her husband also makes jerky with his venison. I love it!

rebecs said...

what a cute family picture, and kades face.. priceless.

and little B turning his face while his mom takes a picture, pretty cute.

bjahlstrom said...

That really is awesome about the venison, and I loved Kade's face in the pictures.

Smart Helm said...

That is a nice thing to have a freezer full of. Living off the land :-)

I need to find people to go to pumpkin patches with. I forget how fun they can be.. with little kids.