Thursday, September 6, 2012

Seattle with the Powers

Last month was super busy and so much fun.  It started with the Powers coming up for a visit.  We had a blast having them stay with us and showing them around Seattle.  Next time they have to come for longer there is so much to do.  We got the Seattle City Pass and started our adventure at the aquarium.


 
Power's family picture with Kade in it. The kids loved this fountain.

Kade and Julia learning about the tide pools.  Pretty sure this is right before the guy got mad at Julia for touching the touch pool or something dumb.  Poor Jules

Seth was a great trooper and slept while we walked around

Jesse teaching Kade how to rock climb on a little wall at the aquarium

We then went on the Harbor Cruise.  It was a beautiful day so clear and warm.  This might be a new favorite family picture.  I love Kade's face.

So clear you can even see Mt Rainer.
Jen and I matching on accident. This picture is totally out of order but oh well. 

After the harbor cruise and lunch we walked up to Pike's Market and stopped at the gum wall.  The kids were pretty excited to see CTR on the wall.

I think this is the closest I will ever get to getting flowers from Pike's market.  This time I had money and could have gotten some but we were leaving in 2 days so that would have been a waste.  I'm determined one day to get a $5 boquet of flowers.

They are all so beautiful

Dead fish!

So I might like the flowers a lot

I know these kind of buildings are everywhere but I just find them so interesting.

After Pike's Market we walked up to the monorail and took a ride to the Space Needle.  Kade loved riding on it even if his expression suggests otherwise.  He cried when we got off. He sure does love trains.

The line for the Space Needle was insane so we went to the EMP museum.  It was okay but not a great place for little kids. Jesse got in trouble for having Kade ride on his shoulders

Tyler and Julia listening to something

I sure do love this kid


Waiting to catch the underground light rail.  Its so nice that Jesse spent a few weeks up there because he knows what to do and where to go. I'd love to go up there without kids...maybe one day

Monday we went back up to Seattle and went straight to the Space Needle those pictures are below these.  After the Space Needle we went to the Pacific Science Center which was so cool.  We went to the butterfly room and they had some of the coolest butterflies. They are huge

Kade standing next to the huge butterfly and looking for it.

Kade realizing he was a little too close for comfort. Thanks Jen

Julia pointing to the butterfly, this is my favorite picture!



Kade and Julia playing

Pretty sure Kade did not want to leave this play area


They had this contraption that you could ride a bike on top of that thing, I don't know much about it since I had to feed Seth and didn't get to do it. Jen giving it a try

Cliff

Julia and Kade with Jesse spraying water.  I swear Tyler does exist.

A view of the Space Needle

A view of Seattle and Mt Rainer from the top of the Space Needle

The kids goofin off with their dads.  We had a great time in Seattle with the Powers.  It was a super busy 2 days.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok,I will be the first to comment! It looks like you had tons of fun, at least Kade and Julia did! I'm glad the weather held out for you and your outings! guess we can't plan on this in Nov.?

Erin Farrar said...

The bike thing looks crazy. I want to try it. Looks like you had an awesome time with the Powers. Why doesn't your new blog post show up on my bloglist?

Powers Fam said...

Awesome pictures! I think the last one is my favorite. It was tons of fun and it will be fun to visit again-for a longer duration! And I would still like to experience some real rain. Seeing the pics of the flowers makes me want to go back and buy some. :) Thanks for being a great hostess!