Tuesday, September 11, 2012

First day to Yellowstone.

We started our drive to Yellowstone Tuesday after Jesse got off work which was about noon.  He had to take his language test which he did really good on.  I'm amazed at his test taking skills its impressive.  So our drive felt like forever.  Kade was okay for a bit but man Seth just whinned.  Our plan was to camp in Missoula but that didn't happen.  We didn't get there until way late so we just got a hotel room for the night.  It was the nicest motel 6 ever.  It was new and super chic.  I wish I would have taken pictures of it.  I shared a bed with Seth and slept great and Jesse shared a bed with Kade and got kicked and hit all night.  The next day was better but man we had a lot of driving.  2 full days of driving!

 
I was so excited to see the Moose.  I think I shrilled and then yelled at Jesse to pull over like a thousand times.  He didn't stop he drove over to a parking lot so slow I thought I was going to die.  Ok a little ridiculous okay a lot ridiculous I know.  I wish Erin and Hailey could have been there to see me.  Pretty sure I was ridiculous and they act the same way.  we must be sisters

And then there were 4!!! I thought about getting closer but moose are mean and those bulls are big.  I thougth maybe there were some little ones around since there were bulls and females.  Still 4 all at the same place SO cool

I decided I really need a better zoom.  I'm never going to Yellowstone again unless I have a bigger lens.

Man oh man I love this kid but man he drives me nuts! We told him he needed to try and go pee before we got back in the car and he threw a huge fit for ever.  Eww it was so annoying.  Finally we just said go find a place to pee and thats what he did.  So glad Jesse took this picture, it was so funny. 

The boys hung out in the river and Kade threw rocks.

Even Seth got his toes wet.  I guess there were little fish that would nibble your toes.

Someone thought it was a great idea to take off his sandals, then he realized he couldn't walk on the rocks.  He loves his sunglasses!

We saw some Elk but I'm not sure if it was in Yellowstone or before.  Right after left our little lunch spot on the river we saw a baby cub bear running along side the road.  It was so cute and Jesse wouldn't stop! I was so sad, I just wanted a picture. 

Our first stop in the park was Gibbon Falls.  Jesse could take Kade out to play and I fed Seth.  Then Seth and I went and met up with Jesse and Kade

Kade is such a punk these days when it comes to taking pictures. Seth looks hilarious

Its so beautiful!

A family picture with the falls behind us. Seth was so excited to be out of the car.

This is the look you get when you are stuck for a long time waiting on Bison!  We were stopped or moving sooo slowly for over and hour because their were bison everywhere.  And I mean all over the road and people being dumb tourists have to stop and take thousands of pictures and get out of their car and man are just plain stupid.


Kade having a snack in the car

At least the view was super pretty while we sat in the car

At least I could get some good picture of the bison. Its not like they were moving at high speeds

See all those little brown dots out the window...yes those are bison.  Kade loved watching them.  He has a placemat that has a bison on it and points to it all the time.  He gets excited when he sees the bison and elephant.

Seth got to come out of his seat for a bit and man was he happy

He got to help dad drive.  I love this picture and his face. 

It looks like we are going so fast and man that wind must be getting to him! ha we were going so slow.

Seth thought he would drive with his foot.  Good thing both drivers are watching the road....oh wait we weren't moving!  It took us so long to get to our campsite but I'm so glad we were able to have fun in the car a little bit and the boys did amazing.

2 comments:

Erin Farrar said...

I am so jealous you saw moose and a baby bear cub! And yes I wish I could have been there when you screamed at the moose. You called me a dork for screaming at a bear. We are related. I love how different the scenery is for you. You should go in the spring and everything is green. Looks like a fun trip!

Anonymous said...

how fun! you will have some great memories! One day SOON!!! I will get to Yellowstone, how long have I've been saying that!
Love the pictures of the boys, dad included!

mom