Sunday, July 1, 2012

Strawberries, sewing, and potty trained



Look at all this hair! Its all Kade's minus the 2 dark bits those are Jesse's. I'm still amazed at how much hair he has

Jesse:"did you get that face" me: yes yes I did!  Kade is 95% potty trained.  I don't want to say 100% because i know he will still have some accidents.  He is really getting the hang of it and its so exciting to see. We used treats and a sticker chart and it seemed to work.  Then we went to the mall after his sticker chart was full to get Buzz.  Toy Story has been very popular at our house.  I went and got the second one this week at Costco because I am starting to get tired of the first and that can't happen since its my favorite.
At least there was one where he is actually looking at the camera and has a smile
He sure does love his Woody and Buzz.
A week or so ago I bought strawberries because they were on sale and guess what they were from Santa Maria!  Well they were getting all moldy and going bad so fast so at 11pm I started making jam.  Not the best idea but I had to get it done.  Jesse even came in to help.  I got 14 jars done in about an hour and a half.  And its soooo good.  if you want some you will have to come visit.
Kade sure does make it hard to get a good picture.  So today I felt we were kind of festive, I made Kade's tie last year or the year before, I love that it still fits.  Then last night I finally made this skirt.  I've been wanting to make it for a long time and last night I sat down and did it.  Then this morning i decided Seth needed to match and so here we are.  Thanks Pam for trying to get a picture of us.
I layed Seth down for a second and I'm not sure he is a huge fan of the grass. And it was kind of bright out there (bright through the clouds that is)  Isn't he sooo cute!
Wow isn't this a fantastic picture! not! sigh, i look fat and my boobs are HUGE!  My skirt however is super comfy I think i might try to make another one.  I learned I'm not a huge fan of knit but I really like my surger.  Now I just need to find the motivation to finish that quilt I'm working on.



2 comments:

Powers Fam said...

Way to go with the potty training! I'm coming to visit but I could probably make my own jam since I live across from the strawberry fields. ;) and I just made myself a blue and white striped skirt also!!! Maybe I'll bring it on our trip and we can be twins. We booked our night in Eureka. Slowly the trip is getting planned.

Anonymous said...

I thought Seth was asleep in the grass! What a precious pic of Kade looking at Woody!

mom