Thursday, July 5, 2012

4th of July

4th of July was fun we started the morning off by going onto Post to the freedom festival.  We met Katherine and Matthew there and walked around and the boys did so good.  It was a really fun 4th I'm glad we got out and the weather was awesome.
Kade pounding away on random metal and plastic things.  I really should make him one of these he was having so much fun

Kade won a bear playing a game. He just had to throw the ping pong ball into the red cup and he won the bear.  It helped that he was right over the cup.   He is watching katherine throw the ping pong balls into a cup.

Kade saw the geko and ran right over to him.  He touched him and then just sat down by his feet.  i think he was just in awe at how big it was. 
As we were leaving I decided to let Kade ride a pony. He really wanted to ride the train but I thought it would be more fun for him to ride a pony.  He has never been on one before and seemed to like it.  He never showed a huge smile but he was content the whole time and never got scared.

I loved his little hands holding on.

The pony in front of us stopped and pooped so Kade was very interested in it.

Petting his pony

After his nap we decorated our flag cake.  I want to start a few traditions and this is once of them.  Growing up the Kunde's always made a flag cake for the 4th and well we always ate it.  I didn't have strawberries so I used raspberries instead.  It turned out yummy and Kade helped line up the berries.  He would eat one and then put one on the cake then go to put another one on the cake and eat it instead.  He thought he was so funny

First off I have to say that I LOVE this picture.  We went across the street to the Heindels for dinner.  Lindy runs a day care and had a high chair out so I put Seth in one while I cleaned up Kade.  I came turned around and saw Seth with his leg propped up.  This little guy hasn't stopped drooling.

Then we came back across the street to Ken and Pam's for a second dinner and to hang out and watch fireworks.  Seth in awe of the fireworks hanging out with Pam

Ken and Kade hanging out.  Kade loves any type of glasses.  We love Ken and Pam they are the best neighbors and our adopted grandparents

Well I tired to get a cute picture of Kade and I but alas he wouldn't look at the camera

Pam's grandkids.  I am going to surprise her with this picture.  jamison is the same age as kade and they had fun playing

Getting the poppers ready

Stopping on the poppers.  They loved them. 
I didn't get any pictures of the fireworks because Kade was totally freaked out.  The Heindels bought a ton of fireworks and not the small ones the huge ones from the reservations.  Here you are allowed to light them off at your house.  Our neighborhood was crazy well every where around us was.  Next year I'm watching them from the roof.  Kad didn't like the loud booms, he was so tired he fell asleep on my lap which was cute and Seth just stared at them in amazement.

2 comments:

Erin Farrar said...

Looks like fun! The cake is super cute. I love the shot of Seth. Kade makes me laugh in his pictures!

Anonymous said...

Haha I love Seth's expression at watching the fireworks! That's really funny that you made the flag cake because I wanted to make one this year because I remember the Kunde's always doing it and I've wanted to do it ever since. I'm glad you guys are having fun! Can't wait to see you soon!
Love, Hailey