Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Kade's Quilt

Finally I have taken pictures of Kade's quilt.  This took me forever like over a year (we moved) to make this.  Once I sat down and sewed it went really fast but sitting down to do it was a different story.  I finished it just a few days before Seth was born and I'm so happy with the way it turned out.  I learned that I should follow a pattern and have it planned out before I start.  We call it Kade's Banana blanket.

I used 2 charm packs (I think) and then bought who knows how much of the white and border fabric.  I love th bright colors.


At first I was going to make it for a twin bed so I bought a ton of extra fabric, but then I decided not to.  Well that was kind of expensive and so I used the extra fabric for the back. 


I bought a walking foot so I could quilt it. Jesse's aunt suggested that I quilt it 1/4 inch on each side of the ditch.  so glad I did because I love how it turned out.

Now onto the next quilt...sitting down to sew is the hardest part...why is that???

1 comment:

Erin Farrar said...

The quilt is so cute! Good job. Maybe its hard to sit down because you really dont have time to sit?