Saturday, March 26, 2011

The North Carolina Zoo

Kade and I went with the Leishman's to the zoo last friday and it was a ton of fun.  I love going to the zoo and seeing all the animals and I was very impressed with this zoo. First off its huge!  Not as big as the San Diego of course but it is still really big.  The zoo was divided into two sections, Africa and North America. I guess the plan is one day have all 7 continents.  The Africa part was 2 miles and the North America was 3 so we got a work out in as we pushed the double stroller.  I loved how this zoo had so much space for animals to roam. They actually looked happy and I say that because they were all out moving around.  It was a lot of fun.  Here are some pictures that I took while there.
They had a beautiful aviary full of the neatest looking birds and it was so green and beautiful.  I could have spent hours in there taking pictures.

Dad I thought of you when I took these

Such a pretty bird



I don't remember what this bird was called but it was sure funny looking.

Baboons are just ugly creatures


We hung out watching the elephants for awhile and it was great because 2 of them were moving all over the place.

Kade out stretching his legs.


The Leishman's


Such an odd looking bird.  I have always wanted to ride an Ostrich, I think that comes from watching Swiss Family Robinson.

Eli making funny faces


This is Luke he is 2 months older than Kade and this is how they spent their time at the zoo and seemed to love it.  Kade lost his pants after he leaked through his diaper but he was probably loving it seeing how it was in the 80's this day.


How cool is this.  The bear just stood straight up.  I'm telling you it was a good day at the zoo.

Here we are at the entrance.  I got Kade an elephant and he seems to like it.  He cuddled with it the whole way home and now its in his bed.  He lays in bed talking to it and playing with it.  Man I love this kid he is always making me laugh.

Oh and nothing to do with the zoo but yesterday morning I was just waking up when Kade started jabbering away going ma ma and who knows what else and then a crystal clear "mom" comes out.  So clear that Jesse who was in the kitchen went in and got him and we just laughed at how he had just said mom. 

4 comments:

Emily Nice said...

wow great pictures Jamie! And 80*? that sounds wonderful right now, although I am enjoying the crazy up and down spring weather.

Smart Helm said...

Is seattle going to be a change :-) But the green will stay the same. I liked ur pictures but I admit that when I saw the birds I thought "U may be pretty but don't want one of those ever again". It made me laugh at myself.

Jill said...

AWESOME!!! looks like you guys have fun. Your pictures were amazing as always.

rebecs said...

What a fun outing.