Monday, March 21, 2011

Catching up #1 Fort Fisher Aquarium

We took a day trip out to the coast and visited the Fort Fisher Aquarium.  It is a nice aquarium and is focused on local animals and sea life which is really cool.  Kade seemed to enjoy it which was fun.
I forget what these are called but they had their heads poking out of this hole in the tree and didn't move it made for a great picture (this was taken through glass, I  love the way it came out).


One of the ducks that lives at the aquarium.  They have a great aviary area before you enter the aquarium part.

Kade got to touch a snail, and crab.  I don't think he really cared all that much but he did want to splash in the water

A stare off with the puffer fish

Kade loved looking at the fish and couldn't figure out why he couldn't touch them.  He pounded on the glass it was pretty funny.

More cool fish

I love taking pictures of jelly fish they are such cool creatures

Hanging out in the stroller as we walked around the outside of the aquarium

This may be one of my favorite pictures from that day.  These turtles were so entertaining to watch.  You can't tell from the picture but the log kept moving back and forth and man those turtles tried to stay on with all their might.  It was so funny to see them all lined up, almost by size.

Found this frog and of course had to get a picture.  No one else was around when we got there and then all of a sudden 4 other families came up and wanted to play on the frog.  We nicely shared even though it was a little annoying.


After the aquarium we headed over to the beach I think this was Carolina Beach (they all run together so i'm never sure) anyways we stopped and got some fudge at this cute little fudge shop before heading down to the water.

Had to get some cute pictures of Kade first.  These were for his 10 month pictures.  Where has the time gone?  and how is he 10 months?

I"m not sure what these two are doing in this picture but Kade's face sure makes me laugh.  He also has a death grip on his new great white shark that Jesse got him at the aquarium.  There are very few toys that Jesse cares about but man getting Kade a toy shark was very important to him.  He told me all about his favorite toy shark growing up that he got from Sea World.  So Kade got his first toy shark and held it for ever.

Well held it until he was more interested in the sand.  He only tried to put it in his mouth once.  I thought that was pretty good.

On the move

And there he goes in his bear crawl. I'm not sure what he was trying to do but he was probably trying to sit up.  He likes to crawl then sit up, crawl, sit up. He doesn't get to far.

This is my favorite picutre of Kade for the day.  Can you tell it was a little windy?

3 comments:

Erin Farrar said...

I'm jealous, I want to go to an aquarium. Kade is too cute!

Emily Nice said...

wow james. Your pictures are awesome as always. how fun to be with your boys. jelly fish kind of scare me

Anonymous said...

you got some great pictures!!! I love the one with you and kade in the circle, so serene! You photography is wonderful!