Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Bed, bag, and finger painting

I was going to wait until the room was all done before posting these but then after making Kade's bed today and watching him put all his animals up there I decided I should take pictures tonight.

Kade loves his friends, he has his lion from christmas, a bear that was at Great grandma Helen's house, the green bear form GG, an elephant knitted by Aunt Megan, his elephant is burried under there somewhere, tigger from his baby shower, and then my panda who is nice and cleaned today since he was sitting in pee...poor panda!  His diaper just leaked and I didn't notice it until too late

Happy boy!  I found his bedspread at burlington coat facotry for around $30.  I was super excited about the price and got another one so the boys will have matching beds...one day.  I then made the cheveron pillow case out of left over fabric from the valances.  I'm happy with the way the room is coming together

He is so small in his bed! I now just need something above his bed.  I'm thinking pictures of the boys but not sure. I just know its empty

This is how we get off the bed.  I have been very lucky and he has done amazing in his bed.  He stays in it.  Doesn't get down until I open the door.  He does however really like to look out the window and play with his curtains, especially during nap time.

This is how we get up on the bed.  I love that stool.  I had my grandma paint it when she was visiting when Kade was born.  The stool moves around the upstairs depending on where Kade needs it.  I love that he as figured out that he can move it by himself.  It is used to get books down/put away, get up on his bed, reach something off the counter, and turn the lights on and off.  I love that he has learned how to turn the lights on becuase it saves me a trip up the stairs and we are working on turning the lights off when he goes to bed.  Maybe I should have my grandma paint another stool when she comes....hmmmm

Can you find Kade??  He loves to have all his animals and I don't have a problem with it especially if he stays in his bed all night.

Today the sun was out and we played outside a little bit before going to the store.  I made Kade a bag for all his cars/trains.  He was always trying to carry too many and it was driving me crazy so now he can just put them in his bag and carry them.

Cute huh!  I used a couple diffent ideas off of pintrest that I have tagged and then Jesse had some extra 550 cord and we used that for the handles.

I love this picture!  This is the look I got when I asked him to turn around for a picture.  Cracks me up! I also love that he has a 2t top actually that jacket might be 3T and then 12 month bottoms, and size 6 shoes.  Grow little legs, grow!

Kade was being crazy the other day at lunch so out came the camera.

This face makes me laugh.  that yogurt must be soo good.

He refuses to look at the camera.

I made finger paint the other day out of cornstarch and water.  Thank you pintrest again.  I love that site.  Anyways I thought Kade would love it...come to find out he didn't.  He doesn't like stuff on his hands/fingers.  This is not okay with me.  We will paint everyday until he is okay with getting his hands dirty!!!

I know I'm mean but this is how he threw his fit when he decided he was done and wanted out!  Funny we painted last night with Embree and Tiffany and he lasted longer and now he sees the paints sitting out ont he counter and wants to paint so maybe he just has to warm up to the idea.

5 comments:

Sarah Jarvis said...

love that cute little bag. such a good idea! he really is a character!

Smart Helm said...

Great job on the bag! Kade is getting to be a big boy now... he'll need it to hold his own against his younger brother who will probably be taller than him :-)

Emily Nice said...

Love the bed! Love the bag! Love the pictures! Love ya!

bjahlstrom said...

Cute bed! That last picture is hilarious. And I love his little bag.

Mulhollands said...

That's a good idea to make a bag for all the cars and trains. Bryston does the same thing, and it takes forever to get anywhere because he always drops a car here, picks it up, then drops another one, then has to pick that one up, etc.