Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Jill's birthday and Seattle

We helped celebrate Jill's birthday over the weekend.  Kade ate lots of sugar he loved the toppings for the cupcakes and then enjoyed his cupcake.  He even did put a few decorations on top and then took them off and ate them.  He wasn't so sure about the frosting at first but then loved it as you can tell from the pictures

Dri hosted Jill's orange themed birthday.  All the cupcake decorations were orange and we all had fun decorating them.  Jill's fish cupcake was my favorite

Happy 29th Birthday Jill

My high school friend Kjersten came to visit for a few days.  We had planned to take the ferry over to Anderson Island but then it rained all day yesterday so we decided to go to Olympia and go to the childrens museum.  Kade had a great time.  He really just liked sitting in the cars and playing with the steering wheel.  He played at the water table for a little bit and of course he loved the trains.  I'm not sure who had more fun with the trains Kjersten or Kade.

They had this really cool wall that had those pegs in it so you could make cool imprints.  Kjersten is above and then Kade thought it was fun to push the pegs in.

Kjersten trying out the safety goggles

The museum had these little cages for animals and Kade crawled into one and shut the door.  He was too funny.

Today was such a fun day.  I have always wanted to see the troll.  After watching 10 Things I Hate about you about a thousand times I was so excited.  Well Jesse thought I was nuts and not to mention so did my sister in law Megan.  Well it was today that I got to go see it because Kjersten wanted to see it just as much as I did.  We found it with Kjersten's amazing skills.  They were doing some construction around it but we could still go up to it.  Kade loved it because he could watch the construction guys working.  It was supposed to rain so we were all decked out in our rain gear.

Thank you Kjersten for wanting to see the troll as much as I did =)

After the troll we were cold so we went to a coffee shop that Kjersten really wanted to go to so Kade got chocolate milk in the cutest cup.  I got hot chocolate in a cup that was a little bit bigger.  It wasn't the best hot chocolate but Kjersten said her coffee was really good.  I just love how cute the cup is that they gave to Kade.
After the coffee shop we went to REI and didn't find anything good.  We were both to cheap.  Then we went to Pike Place Market but I didn't get any pictures because we used Kjersten's camera.  It was such a fun few days and I'm so glad we got to hang out. It was so fun to have a reason to go play.  I can't wait utnil our family comes so we can go play more....now the weather just needs to be a little warmer.

3 comments:

Erin Farrar said...

Looks like fun. Kade is too cute! Can we see the troll when I visit? I will even sport a mustache just for Jesse!

Anonymous said...

what a great time! wish I was there to see kjerstin and play with all of you! do you have more pics of Kjerstin(sp?).

Smart Helm said...

What fun.. Now I'm sad I missed the Troll, although Mauvia had told me I needed to see it. If I ever go up there again, I want to go to the childrens museum too. I love me some water table!