Monday, June 27, 2011

Camping trip #1 of 2011

We went camping last weekend and it was so much fun and beautiful.  Have I mentioned that I love where we live? It took us under 2 hours to get up into the mountains and to Silver Springs campsite.  There were tons of trails and waterfalls and it was so peaceful and beautiful and rainy.  Oh how I love where we live....whose coming to visit?
Jesse and I took a walk and everything was so pretty.  It rained all night and in the morning the clouds were lifting out of the trees and it was so pretty.

We hiked up to a waterfall. 

We went with the Johnson's


Did I mention that it rained...well it did and a lot.  Roasting marshmellows in the rain was not so much fun but taking pictures of raindrops was.

Chloe is getting so big!

My happy boys.  Kade loves to point at stuff now.

Saturday morning we went on a short hike and found a huge douglas fur.  It was 9 1/2 in diameter.  I like how it makes mike look small because he is about 6'4"

Rex

They have the same mouth its crazy.  I don't know how many pictures I have of them with exactly the same expression on their face.  It makes me laugh so hard.

Hugging the huge tree and Jesse saying I hate pictures like this. Now everyone can call him a tree hugger!

Kade and Jill
Check out my photo blog I put new pictures up from Kade's birthday shoot.

4 comments:

Powers Fam said...

Way to jump in and get to know your new state! What a gorgeous area.

Melissa Bunn said...

I'm so jealous right now!! You should hike Mt. Pilchuck, from what I remember it wasn't that bad. I think it may be my all time favorite hikes. You get an awesome view at the end. Check this website out.

http://www.wta.org/go-hiking/hikes/mount-pilchuck

By the way what hiking carrier do you guys have for Kade? And do you like it? We need to buy one.

Smart Helm said...

It looks really cold and very green. I'm glad u like it! I would like to visit someday... just visit mind you. No working :-)

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh you're right, it's gorgeous out there. How were you guys camping? Tent? Camper? I hope if you were in a tent it was waterproof! I learned that lesson the hard way... One year my wife and I were camping before we had our kids and it started to downpour and it certainly put a damper on the romantic evening (no pun intended). After that we bought a rain-proof tent from Sportsman's Guide. Of course as luck would have it it has yet to rain again on any trip we've been on since, but it was certainly an upgrade and we still use it today when we go camping with the kids. Great post, glad to hear you love Washington!