Sunday, July 3, 2011

Bear Creek Campground

We were able to go camping one more time before Jesse has to go back to work.  This time we headed out to the Olympic Peninsula.  I found a free campground so off we went. It was so much fun the campsite was beautiful and right along a river.  We were able to go hiking and go to the beach.   It was a wonderful 2 day get away.
Here is our campsite.  Can you see Kade hiding by the tree?
Kade loved walking around the campground and it was hard to keep him at our campsite.  We took a lot of walks.

This child must touch all plants. He spent a great deal of time picking the little flowers off a bush in our site and trying to eat them.  I was lucky enough to catch him from really chewing on the flowers.  He loves being outside.

First off I have to say that I was going to put him in his pajamas soon and didn't bother to button his onsie. I did not realize he was going to go on another walk and play in the mud.  It had rained the day before we got there so there were lots of puddles in the road.  There were only so many times I could keep him out of the mud and water until I just gave up.  I mean we were camping and we were supposed to get dirty right?

He had so much fun splashing in the pudding and getting really muddy.

My sweet boy.  Before we left Kade somehow scratched his face above his lip and then the first day out while he was walking with Jesse he fell and hit a stick with his face and just missed hitting his eye.  He looks a little beat up.

Telling me a story while we took a walk.  I just held my camera at my waist and took a bunch of pictures of our walk.  It was a lot of fun and he had no idea I was taking pictures. More pictures from our trip to come in another post.

5 comments:

Sarah Jarvis said...

So cute! I love that age! They need so little to be entertained! Enjoy it while it lasts!

Powers Fam said...

Gorgeous area and free! Love it. He is so cute and you are right! I would have given up on keeping him clean also. We took Ty camping when he was learning to walk and I knew that if I planned on having any fun I just had to let go of keeping him any sort of clean.

bjahlstrom said...

That boy is getting so big! He is full of curiosity and independence! I can't believe it! Where did you get your tent? It's awesome.

Erin Farrar said...

He is so cute! I want to go camping with you! It looks beautiful up there! Kade is growing up so fast!

Jamie Pearson said...

Bryn we got our tent at REI and it is wonderful it is so big and its so easy to set up. Its the kingdom6 tent. And Erin yes come camping with us it is awesome up here.