Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Cape Flattery, Washington

Each time I start a post I think I'll just put up a few pictures but then I can't choose which one to put up so then I just add a bunch.  There are just too many pretty places to show.  While we were camping we went out to Cape Flattery.  Its the most northern tip of the peninsula and wow it was beautiful.  It was a short hike down to the tip and wow it was awesome.

Towards the tip. I love how cool the rock formations are and all the trees growing on top.

The water was such a cool color and then you can see some kind of bird out on the limb of the tree.

Most of the path was a boardwalk which was fun.  We learned later that its probably because the ground gets so muddy that they try to preserve the area a little bit by having people walk on platforms.


Isn't this beautiful! We want to take kayaks down there sometime. 

It really is awesome around here

The colors are simply amazing

There was an island out there but its a bird sactuary so people aren't allowed to go out there but there is a light house and another radio tower building that they blew up after they used it so hippies couldn't go live in it.

My handsome boys

Our cute family


And then some of the path was like this.  We really didn't walk on the ground most the hike it was pretty fun.

6 comments:

Powers Fam said...

Wow! Apparently I need to start a list of places I need to visit when we come up there to see you! I finished my wrapping paper station. I am almost done with the thread holder!

Erin Farrar said...

It is so beautiful! I want to come visit soon!

Mulhollands said...

Wow! Washington is gorgeous! I'm super jealous, and am really missing the color green right now.

Megan said...

so you're going to take me exploring in the day and a half I'm there right? I'll trade you knitted creations for an adventure

bjahlstrom said...

All the pictures of your outdoor adventures are incredibly gorgeous.

Smart Helm said...

I love the boardwalk!