Friday, April 2, 2010

Chickens

The other day the chickens made me mad so i put them outside. They keep knocking over their water dish and then I have to clean out the entire box. I'm getting sick of it. I decided they needed to spend some time outside so I put the chicken wire up and out they went.They seemed to like it okay but then I think I wore them out
We think the red ones are a lot cuter than the white ones but thats because the red ones are still small and they are a lot friendlier. The yellow/white ones are getting fat. Today Jesse found one of the red ones perched on top of the card board box so tomorrow we are making the chicken coop.
These chicks are lucky we got them before this baby comes because I don't think I would have the patience to clean up after them with a baby. I figure once they get outside things will be easier, I guess we shall see

4 comments:

bjahlstrom said...

Once again, I'm amazed and excited about you guys being so domestic!

Sarah Jarvis said...

Ha, I can see how the chicken are a good preparation for you having kids. Lots of noise and lots of messes and it's always better to be outside. Fun!

Smart Helm said...

They look like they are having lots of fun outside.

Myriah Cohen said...

I think it's so cool you guys have chickens. Are you going to eventually let them run around the whole yard?