Monday, April 5, 2010

New Home

Happy Easter!! Yesterday we had a relaxing day. We got up and made cinnamon rolls. Well we decided to call them cinnamon pie patties because they were huge and made a ton. I guess we need to perfect our recipe a little. So here is one pan of rolls: While we were cooking cinnamon rolls we were watching the chicks an commenting on how they need a bigger box. Both of them were on the cardboard box until I said look I bet she is going to try and jump over onto the tote and then she did just that: Oh that is Fried over there on the tote.
We watched them for awhile and Fried decided to fly/jump back over to the box and I caught him mid air. We were amazed that he didn't take out the other chick when he flew back.Well after this we decided that the chicken coop needed to be finished. Jesse had started it Saturday. We got a bunch of free 2x4's from my boss so up went the chicken coop. We decided yesterday that if our chickens were going to stay safe we had to finish the coop. So before conference we were able to get it done. Jesse thinks it looks trashy but I think it looks fine for the chickens in the back yard. Plus it was wall free

we boarded it all up for now so its acting like a big box and stuck in on the patio for now. In a few weeks we will add some chicken wire around the bottom and open their door so they can go out to the grass. Oh and it will be moved off the patio thats for sure. Below is the side view of the coop. I think Jesse did a great job and constructing the coop. Now all the chicks should stay in their home.
Sorry to have posted so much about the chickens recently but thats whats going on in our life.

4 comments:

Powers Fam said...

You can't beat free!!! I love reading about your chicken adventures. Helps to distract me from bugging you about belly shots. ;) Speaking of which, I need to get a package out you before baby boy arrives.

Smart Helm said...

I'm impressed. Nice job on the chicken coop!

Joy :) said...

Wow...check out those buns!

Emily Nice said...

I think i've already said this but I think your chickens are so awesome. I love that shot of the little guy flying. What kind did you get by the way? Are they mostly hens or did you get roosters too?