Sunday, April 18, 2010

Spring! Almost 35 weeks

Here is a pretty rose from one of the bushes in my backyard. I kind of forget we have rose bushes because they blend into the fence but I was able to cut them back a little this year in hopes that they would look better this year. I think they are pretty. I was however annoyed this morning when I was sitting watching the chickens and looked up to see a squirrel running across the fence with something bright red in its mouth. Then I realized it was one of my roses. Yep looked at the plants and there was a whole flower missing. And then I looked at my morning glories and found the dirt thrown everywhere and some of my plants dug up. See the poor plant on the right it used to look healthy until that stupid squirrel. I am getting sick and tired of that squirrel. If I knew where the bb gun was and had a good eye that squirrel would be a goner. Its spring time and my garden is growing!!! Last year my garden was not very successful but by the looks of it I'm doing okay this year. My peas, beans and zucchini plant have really taken off and I have a cucumber plant down there that is coming up.
Below here is my almost 35 week picture. I'm not a huge fan of having to take pictures of myself but with Jesse gone it will have to resort self pictures

So I saw a newsboy cap on this blog and thought i would try to make one. This is how it turned out. I think its pretty darn good for a first time hat. Thanks Bella for being my model even if its a little big.Here is the cap on the table. Its made out of a mans sports coat.
I used my panda as my first model before Bella and her family came over to look at the chickens.
Now on to the chickens. I know they are in the background but do you see how huge those white ones are! I mean they are HUGE. I love the little red ones I think they are still cute.
The FAT white chicks...have I mentioned that they are only about a month old, well maybe a month and a few weeks.
Another sewing project I did this week was a camera strap cover. I saw it on iheartfaces.blogspot.com. It was super easy and I like the orange fabric I found.
And last night Jill showed me how to make shoes for kids that are just starting to walk and I made these this morning. It is strange not having Jesse around and then I didn't go to church until 1:00 because I now have a calling in the family ward as a primary teacher. I get to teach the 9 year olds and it was pretty fun. I was able to get these shoes done in a few hours I'm sure it will be faster the next time I make them because they are super easy.
Now onto more sewing projects. Jill and I have been frequent customers at Joanne's. The best thing about that store is you can always use a coupon and things are always sales. Its wonderful I just wish they had more boy fabric but I think that is the life of sewing. I think I will try to make another pair of shoes.

5 comments:

Powers Fam said...

Awesome job on the sewing!!!! Your hat looks store bought. And you look gorgeous!! I can't believe you are heading into the final stretch. Wooohooo!

bjahlstrom said...

You really are crafty, Jamie. I hope to get a few lessons from you at some point!

Sarah Jarvis said...

Wow! You are amazing! Love that hat! So cute! Max told me he wants one, too! :-) You really make me want to get into sewing...
I hope the squirrel disappears soon. Your garden looks awesome!

Kiwi said...

Super cute hat. I'll have to try to make one if I can ever get my sewing machine out of the closet. Try to get as much sewing, crafting, and everything else done before the baby arrives. It's a amazing how much more you can get done before kiddos arrive.

Smart Helm said...

I am way impressed on the sewing. You must be kinda bored :-).

Good luck with that darn squirrel.