Monday, March 29, 2010

Weekend Fun

Saturday morning Jesse had to wake up ridiculously early to go jump. I have been wanting to watch him jump since we have been married and Saturday was the first opportunity I had. Of course it was cold Saturday morning but thats okay it was still fun. Below is Jesse waiting with his group:Now his group is in line waiting to board the plane
Here they go onto the plane
Here they are jumping out of the plane. Jesse couldn't remember if he was 3rd or 4th jumping out of the plane so he could be either of these 2. I really enjoyed watching them jump out of the plane its so fun.
Here they are about to land. They got to use new parachutes this time.
I took these 2 pictures this morning for Erin since she asked me to post more pictures. Good thing cameras have self timers. Tomorrow I will be 32 weeks. Its crazy how fast the time is going.

Don't I look great. This is how I look after being lazy all day Saturday and not doing much at all. It was a nice and relaxing Sunday thats for sure. And don't miss the sweet Army sweatshirt I'm sporting...hahaha. Okay anyways here are some pictures of our chicks. The yellow ones are getting so big and they are so much bigger than the reds.
I love the little red ones. The one below is develed. We are naming them all after different kinds of eggs and this is the first one to get a name because he has the most feathers. Other names will be sunny, fried, poached... and some others.
Jesse made them a little perch to sit on so one of the yellows is trying it out
Here are the six hanging out in their box and being scared of the flash it was pretty funny
See how much bigger the yellow one is than the red... crazy.
Well all 6 chicks are alive and seem to be doing well. Hopefully we can get there coop built soon so they can go outside and enjoy the sunshine.

7 comments:

Sarah Jarvis said...

oh man, jumping out of a plane with a parachute sounds like so much fun. always wanted to do that. great pictures. and i love the chicks. so fun. we should get some for our boys. maybe when we move and (hopefully) have some green around. oh wait, we are moving to the desert. never mind...
you look great in that black shirt. wow, only 8 more weeks. crazy!

bjahlstrom said...

It really is so cool that you have chickens. You guys are so domestic and stuff.

Hailey Farrar said...

Holy cow you're getting fat! haha jk

Smart Helm said...

I am impressed with ur pictures. I especially liked the arrows. Go chickies!

Joy :) said...

I LOVE YOUR BELLY!!!!!!! Your sooooo cute!!!!!

Powers Fam said...

Looking great Jamie!! I want to hear all about the chicken venture. When we lived in Nipomo I thought about getting chickens but I was worried about the smell. Love the pics of Jesse jumping out of the plane!!!

Emily Nice said...

wow. That is cool!

what kind of chickens are they? What will you do if you have roosters?

Ya its absolutely shocking that you're using someone else's sweats.