Sunday, May 31, 2009

Fish

Jesse and I decided it would be fun to get a few fish for our pond. We don't really like the pond that much so to try and like it more I have planted some flowers around it and now we have decided to get some fish. Last night we took a trip to Petco and picked out 2. We didn't want to get a lot in case they die. I don't even remember what kind of fish they are but they are supposed to be good for little ponds. Since these are our first pets I thought I would document it. I'm sure my family is shocked that we got fish seeing how they all think I hate animals. That is not entirely true. So here we are with our fish.
So I went out there to see if I could see the fish after church and ummm well I couldn't find them. I'm hoping they are just hiding. Could I really kill 2 fish in less than 24 hours. That would make me really sad if they really aren't there. I'll have to have Jesse go look.

7 comments:

Emily Nice said...

sometimes the fish get eaten... snakes, racoons, big birds, neighbor's cats....

Thats why I say go gor the 10cent walmart fish. That way when they die its not so expensive :)

Powers Fam said...

Fish are way better than cats. Cliff and I got cats right after we got married. That is something we should have never done! I think we figured out that we aren't pet people. We like other people's animals but not so hip on kitty litter or dog poo. ;)

Myriah Cohen said...

You hate ponds?

Jamie Pearson said...

I don't really like the pond at our house because it attracts lots of bugs and its right by our back door so they all come into our house. I like ponds if they don't have all the bugs

WARNERS said...

Reminds me of the time we had a party at the cherry lane house. Bethany painted the little pond all nice in the back yard. She stocked the pond with little gold fish and by the time the party started that night we had a pond with floating dead fish. We never knew if it was the ice-cold water, the fresh paint, or the floating scented candles. Poor little ill-fated amphibians.

ps. I think it is a great idea to hold the next cherry chubb reunion in CA! Maybe we should plan something for next year??

Smart Helm said...

I agree with Emily. Poor fishes! I've never been able to keep them alive. They are kinda boring.

Sarah Jarvis said...

I agree with Mandy. We need to have another reunion. I don't care where but CA sounds great. We are going there in a few hours! Yeah! Wish we could see you too! I don't know what to say about the fish. Don't care much for pets myself.