Sunday, May 10, 2009

Busy Weekend

Last night was so great after work and then kayaking we decided to go out to eat. We heard about this German restaurant and went there, well it happened to be their party night. There was a table of German's a table of Italian's and then us. Well little did we know it was party night and everyone was dancing around. Well really it was a 72 year old lady, another man, and the servers. It was so entertaining I had to take a picture but only had my cell phone so they aren't the best pictures.
The food was pretty good I had this(the picture below) I can't spell it man why haven't I learned German yet? Anyways it was German pasta with a mushroom gravy and chicken. Jesse had bratwurst, his was all gone by the time I got my camera out.
More dancing. This restaurant was small but tons of fun. We totally want to go next month for their party night.
Because it is getting so hot here we decided to take the down comforter off the bed and put on the quilt which is a lot lighter. It looks so great on our bed. Thanks Mama P.


I've been busy the last couple of days that's for sure. I went with some friends Friday and picked a ton of strawberries which has led to lots of jam making. I called grandma and got my grandpa's strawberry jam recipe which is really easy and went to work. I made 2 batches Friday night then last night I made another batch with pectin from Germany. A lady from work gave it to me and its great because it uses a lot less sugar. I think the jam is so pretty in the jars and it tastes pretty good too.

15 jars of jam and I still have a lot more strawberries in the fridge. Mmmmmm I love spring time!
Here is Jesse cleaning up after me =) I have such a great husband.
Here is our Strawberry Trifle.....it was so good!

Here are our new couches. They are so comfortable!

4 comments:

Natalie & Josh said...

Everything looks great!!! I wish I knew how to make Jam it looks yummy!!!!

Smart Helm said...

Wow, u are busy busy! Way to go!
They do look so pretty. Sometime I will can things, but not until I live with Emily I think :-)

I know u've been calling Emily to get help on ur canning. Cuz I was there.

Emily Nice said...

Busy, busy, busy. I'm glad we got to talk for a bit even if it was quick and I was sick. It was funny that I missed you more this weekend while Melanie was here because you useta hang out with us. Sad :( But I'm glad you are having fun and staying busy with your googlybear!

I think canning makes me feel very productive, and that trifal makes me soooo hungry! Enjoy your couches, now you are like real people with a real house and real furniture :)

WARNERS said...

Beautiful strawberry Jam and beautiful couches! How exciting. I miss you!