Sunday, May 3, 2009

Back to the Singles Ward

WHAT??? That was my reaction today too. Jesse and I met with the stake president and was extended the call as 2nd counselor to the singles branch out here. I still don't know what to think about it...well actually I'm kind of sad actually and I know you aren't supposed to feel that way when you get a calling. I am sad to leave my wonderful ward and my nursery calling. I was finally getting to know more people and get invited to things. Oh and sitting next to my husband now that he is home for awhile...well that's not going to happen for awhile.
I know that Jesse will be great in his new calling and we will be able to do a lot for the singles branch out here because it really struggles seeing how people are always getting deployed. I am also excited that I get to sleep in on Sunday's since church will be at 11:00. Jesse thinks he will get to sleep in but we will see. I also know that the Lord will bless us and we are going to be in the singles ward for a reason even if know that is not known to us I'm sure we will see it soon.
Well that's the update on us. Oh and Jesse is home for awhile YEAH! He will start language school sometime soon and then do more training so maybe we will settle down into married life. Its going to be such a change having him around.

3 comments:

Smart Helm said...

Wow! I would feel sad too. But I'm sure ur gonna do great!

Good luck and I look forward to hearing about how it all goes.

Emily Nice said...

tee hee he... thats my giggle. But I do feel for you. Good luck in your foray into married life with a husband around. You will add a lot to the singles ward I'm sure!

Make sure you still go to your ward occasionally and the activities so you can stay connected to old people, like yourself :)

Myriah Cohen said...

Wow! I think this is funny.

And, I think it's just fine to be sad. Be sad! Have a great time!

Ha, singles ward.....(as I shake my head in amazement)