Saturday, January 10, 2009

Our Honeymoon across the United States

Here are some pictures we took on our honeymoon and some of the cool places we stopped to see. We did get to see a lot which was really cool. I'm not sure that I want to do that drive again any time soon but it was fun and I would do it again someday.
Here's where we stayed in Needles and we got our hotel room for 35 bucks. On this trip we learned the price really does matter when it comes to the quality of a hotel room.

We are finally out of California...now the trip begins.

Heres a picture of the sunset at the Grand Canyon. The lady at the visitors made it sound so amazing but it was a pretty average sunset.

Jesse posing for a picture

Here we are at the Grand Canyon

Jesse going off the trail...oops well it kind of looked like a trail.

Jesse and I at the Painted Forest. I really like the painted forest the colors were so much richer than the grand canyon. There was hardly anyone there which was great too and we could walk around more than we could at the Grand Canyon.
h
Here are some Petroglyph's that we saw in the Pettrified Forest. It is amazing to me that they still can be easily seen after soo many years. I wish we knew what they meant but we don't

More petroglyphys I'm not sure how well you can see them.

Us and the Penske truck in the Petrified Forest. We are sitting on a log which was pretty cool. It was just on the side of the road
This picture is just for Emily and Melanie since they both mentioned that I didn't have a picture of New Mexico on the trip well here it is. I don't recommend this place to anyone especially if you want Mexican food. Maybe there other food was okay but not the Mexican. You order a burrito with meat you get ground meat rolled into a tortilla. Yep I'm serious thats the only thing that was in the burrito. OH and I'm in the picture if you look really hard i'm to the left of the Route 66 sign.


So when we were driving through Texas we came across this site that has the largest cross in the western hemisphere.(I just saw on line that this cross was out done by the state of Illinois now having the largest cross of 198 feet which beats Texas by 8 feet)...who knew that was so important. We had to stop and check it out and did you know that Christ died and was resurrected in Groom Texas. Here is a picture of us participating in the first supper. We thought it was pretty funny that out in the middle of nowhere Texas there is this place dedicated to Christs life. We had a good time there and it was nice to get out and stretch. Below is a picture of the cross that took off the road because if we got too close I couldn't fit the whole thing in my camera. As you can see there is not much else around


Jesse taking a little nap while I drive. Don't worry I was looking at the rode when I took this shot. And this proves that I did drive.

We pulled off the road and pulled into a trailer park by Lake Eufaula because it had such a pretty sunset. I managed not to get any of the trashy trailers in the picture.

I got a little bored and took a few pictures of my cute husband driving. You can't tell we are bored can you?

We stopped at the Casey Jones museum In Tennessee. It was pretty neat and you can even spend the night in a train car which I thought was pretty cool.

The Penske truck making its way across the US of A. It saw 3 national parks on this trip.

We were trying to take a picture with the timer on my camera. This was the third try and I happened to slip right when the camera took the picture. We both look ridiculous I think its funny.


Here is a view of the top of the Smokey Mountains. It was so pretty.

Us at the top of the Smokey Mountains

I thought this was a cool picture of the water cutting its way through a fallen log.

Me at the trail marker.

Jesse cleaning of his shoes after our hike. I would say about 90% of our hike was in the mud. Below is a picture of the river we crossed.

8 comments:

Emily Nice said...

what a fun post! you take such good pictures. Too bad you didn't take a picture of New Mexico!

Jamie Pearson said...

i know i'm not sure what happened but I think i have one. Actually i have one in front of this Mexican restaurant that we ate at and it was by far the worst food ever. We wanted good Mexican food before we got out of NM but we stopped at the wrong place. We were able to take pictures in every state.

Myriah Cohen said...

I think those hieroglyphs said, "Congratulations, newlyweds!"

Smart Helm said...

Good Pictures... I too am sorry u don't have any of New Mexico.

You totally shoulda called us. we coulda directed u correctly... although I don't know many resteraunts in Santa Rosa or TorC!

juleen said...

Looks like you had a great time. I love all the photos.
xoxox

WARNERS said...

What a fun way to start your life together! You sure know how to have an adventure. Hope your doing well. Thanks for such a great post. I love the picture where you slipped right before the timer went off!
ps. duh about price=quality!

WARNERS said...

What about your home state of CA for the clock collection??

Emily Nice said...

Thanks for the NM picture. Sorry the food was icky!