Saturday, May 22, 2010

This and that

So our son is a week old! Yikes its crazy to think that a week has gone by already. Things have been going well so far even with the lack of sleep. We had our first family outing yesterday and we went to Raleigh to go to REI and to Costco. Kade did amazing we was such a trooper. We now have a sweet stroller and tent. I'll have to take pictures later. We are also trying a new schedule for kade. The idea is he has to feed/wake time/nap time. The idea is from a book called On Becoming Baby Wise. We started it yesterday and last night he only woke up once!!!! well time for me to wake him and start our routine for today
Daddy and Kade time.




Kade LOVES to get his hair washed. He is not so fond of the sponge bath but then who is? When Jesse started to wash his hair he calmed right down and just laid there. I'm pretty sure he was like this for 2 minutes at least. I did get some on video and will try to post it as soon as i can figure out how to upload the videos onto the computer.
Ahh the chickens..... the Johnson's came over the other day and Chloe loves the chickens. I'm not sure how they convinced her to go into the cage with them but when I walked outside there she was. She was clapping at the chickens trying to give them hugs and then she was yelling Boo that them I guess to try and scare them. She is too funny. Oh yeah we are having a chicken feast today, Goodbye white chickens!
We cleaned out the pond the other day and planted some new flowers and filled the pond up with clean water. It looks so much better now without all the weeds and green water. Mom and Jesse did most of the work but I did help a little =)
Thought I would throw in a little family picture that we took the other day. After taking pictures of Kade I thought we needed a family pic so mom took some on the front steps.
So I made this little clutch purse for Erin for her birthday and since she already got it I figured I could post a picture of it now. It turned out a little funny but its okay my sister still loved it. I also made her a super cute bag but somehow I never took a picture of it

4 comments:

Sarah Jarvis said...

He only woke up once during the night?????? That is really impressive! Way to go, Kade! Have I mentioned yet that he is the cutest baby I have ever seen? I think the fact that he likes his hair washed like that means that he is going to be a water baby :-)

rebecs said...

could your little guy be any
cute-r? He is soooo adorable!

Joy :) said...

Beautiful pictures- I love the family one! I can't get over all the hair Kade has...soooo cute!!!!!!

Melissa Bunn said...

I love that he likes his hair washed...so funny! You'll have to let me know baby wise goes. I'm trying to do the same with Mitchell. Mitchell just slept through the night three times in a row.