Monday, May 10, 2010

15 More Days

So it has been another few busy days. I don't know if I mentioned before that Jill and I were going to make diaper bags. Well here it is. We both made one and we love them. They don't really look like diaper bags which means we can use them for lots of different things. It has lots of pockets and so far we are both Loving our bags. If you want to make one yourself click hereHere is my garden I realize I took the picture kind of far way. Things are growing good I have 3 or 4 zucchini's about ready to get and my tomato plants are getting big they are even starting to flower I guess I better get their cages up. Do you see the lawn?? Yes I mowed it today and man that is hard work. I decided not to try to teach myself how to use the weed wacker. I know it should be pretty simple but it kind of scares me so I left Jesse something to do when he comes home.
Here is a before picture of our not so pretty pond. Today Mike helped me drain it. Oh man it is disgusting and my plan is to clean it out tomorrow. I also bought some shade plants today to plant around the pond. I figure I can enjoy the pond a little bit more than last year since I will be home.


Our chickens are HUGE. Do you see how FAT those white ones are you can kind of see the back of the red ones but man the white ones are taking over.Is it normal for them to be almost as big as their water feeder
And this is why they are so fat they have to sit down to eat and drink. Do you see this one, he has to sit down and drink.
Lets just say Jesse is coming home tomorrow and I feel that we will be having some kind of chicken on the bbq sometime soon. Mom be ready to pluck some chickens when you come!!

4 comments:

Sarah Jarvis said...

LOVE the diaper bag. So cute! I am going to take a picture of MAx in the hat as soon as he settles down for a second and is wearing a clean shirt. :-)

bjahlstrom said...

When I came to see them, my favorite part was that they waddled when they walked...so fat!

Melissa Bunn said...

I had picked the same tutorial to make me a diaper bag too! I just haven't gotten around to it yet. I'm way impressed. Was it hard?

Emily Nice said...

cute diaper bag. wow fat chickens! I'm guessing the white ones are meat chickens...

I'm jealous of your garden. Mine isn't doing much and I had to replant a lot of things... sad.