Monday, January 4, 2010

Rest of our trip

Palmyra, New York
We are on top of the Hill Cumorah which was our first stop in Palmyra. We had a nice tour of the visitors center and then we walked up to the top of Hill Cumorah. It was nice cold hike but felt good after we had been in the car for awhile. Its interesting that the hill is not very big and doesn't stick out like you would think. Its just another little hill in the areaThis is a replica of the Smith Log home in Palmyra. Its amazing how small and simple the homes were back then. Us freezing in the Sacred Grove. I was so cold I practically ran through the grove. Its sad that it was so cold because it is one of the most sacred spots. The grove was a lot different than what I was expecting. Maybe because I always see pictures of it when its green.
When we drove through Palmyra we saw this building and it made us laugh. We are wondering what happened to the rest of it because it looks so awkward all by its self on the corner.
On our first day in Connecticut it snowed and we went in the backyard and had a snowball fight. It was a lot of fun especially because we got to go into a nice warm house when we were done. Andy and Davin. Davin has some new snow gear to get ready for Sweeden
Jesse throwing snowballs. I'm sure this one was headed toward Megan
Davin learning to throw or trying to throw a snowball I'm not sure which one
Poor Megan got the worst of the snowball fight. She is a good sport especially when Jesse picks on her
All the food for New Years Eve. There was so much and it was soo good

Alec is such a cutie and he is always smiling

We did a lot of this: (movie watching)
and this: (baby watching)
One of the few old wooden covered bridges in Connecticut. It dates back to the 1800's
Kerry
Megan in her cool new beanie.
Megan didn't have the best shoes to walk in the snow or on the ice so Jesse carried her for part of the walk.
Jess and I
Andy and Jen
I'm sad this picture is blurry because I love it and think its super funny. Great faces on both of them
We went to NY city and FROZE! I took 3 pictures there and this is one of them I took in Central Park. We are not big fans of the city but it was cool to have gone.
Thank you George Family for letting us come crash at your house. We had a great time and we are so grateful for your hospitality. Pearson Family it was also great to see you guys. Thanks for flying out to have a cold snowy couple of days. It was great to be with Family. Can't wait to see you next month!

5 comments:

Natalie & Josh said...

It looks like you guys are having tons of fun! Alec is such a cute baby! We miss Andy and Jen, they are great! Have fun on the rest of your trip!

Powers Fam said...

Looks like you are having a great trip! When are you coming in February? And do you find out boy/girl soon? How do you and Jesse get the cutest head shot pics? He must have longer arms than Cliff.

Sarah Jarvis said...

So are you still on your trip or what? Great pics and Alec really is cute. I only saw him all bundled up. I love Davin's snowsuit. He is definitely going to need it. Do you have your ticket yet? I am going to call you tomorrow (or whenever I am able to function again) and so you'd better :-)

Emily Nice said...

wow next month is coming soon! can't wait to see you. Glad you got to spend time with family and wow that new years feast looks amazing!

Suz said...

Jamie! I can't believe I found your blog! Looks like things are going well. I'm expecting a baby too in 6 weeks...a little girl. You can check out my blog at randomupdatesofanormallife.blogspot.com. Hope things are going well.