Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Christmas and First part of our trip

We spent Christmas Eve with the Johnson Family. Jill's sister was also there she is the one in black. We hang out with the Johnson's all the time at least once a week. Chloe is also our favorite and I think she likes us too seeing how she loves to come to our house and can say both of our names.We made gingerbread houses. Jill and I worked on this one with a little help from Adrienne. Jesse made a sweet cow but I don't know where that picture went but I will find it later.
And I guess a picture of the 2 of us would only be appropriate. Not sure what is going on with Jesse's smile but this was the best out of 5 pictures.
You can tell what we both wanted, we got each other DVD players. Now we just need an updated TV. Hmm maybe that will come one day.Don't mind Jesse but I really wanted a picture of the tree Jesse went and chopped down for our Chirstmas tree. It is a very special tree to say the least. At least we got lights on it.Our first stop was Cleveland. We went to a science museum and wanted to go on this ship but it was closed for the season. So Jesse gets his picture with it instead. Behind him is Lake Erie. We then drove around parts of his old mission which was fun seeing where he served.
I think i was the most excited to see the Newel K Whitney store and Jesse probably thought he married a little kid. I'm not sure why I was so excited to see it. I guess because i have read about it and heard about it so much in church that was just really exciting to be there in person. The coolest part is its 75% of the original building.
Took a trip of the Kirtland Temple. Its amazing how many different hands this building went through and is still in good shapeThe John Johnson farm was our favorite. The spirit there is so strong and its just amazing to think of and learn about all the church history that happened there. Below we are standing on the same steps that Joseph Smith stood on to preach. Oh and I am wearing my really sweet jacket that Jesse found at Marshalls. Its a Marmott and I LOVE it. I have worn it pretty much every day on our trip.We saw the falls American Falls at night. Maybe next time we will have our passports and can go on the Canadian side. Its still pretty from the US side.
We went on the Cave of the Winds tour. You take an elevator to the bottom of the American falls. During the summer they build boardwalk type things so you can walk out farther but its a little dangerous with the snow/ice so they take them down. We stayed pretty dry where we were and it was still cool to be down at the bottom of the falls
We went out to the view point and froze our butts off. The wind was so strong. We ran out took a picture and ran back to get out of the wind.
I will post more pictures later we are in Palmyra now and its cold. I haven't taken too many pictures because my fingers freeze when they are not in gloves. Tomorrow is on to Connecticut to see the Pearson Family!

3 comments:

Powers Fam said...

I can't believe you are almost at the half way mark and you barely have a baby bump!!!! You look gorgeous! Your hair is getting so long. It looks great. Have a great time in Conneticut!!

Sarah Jarvis said...

Hey, I love the jacket. I would wear it all the time as well. Love the tummy too. I am glad you get to travel. Tell Jen and Andy Hi. We just saw them a week ago! :-)
Happy New Year.

The Studes said...

you guys look like you are enjoying being married!! to cute

hope to see you soon

nem