Sunday, August 16, 2009

Keeping Busy But At Home

Yesterday we had our swim party and it was fun, we ate cake and cupcakes and swam. As you can see the kids had a lot of fun.Things have been busy around here the last couple of weeks. We have actually stayed home for the past 2 weekends and its been GREAT! Here are some plants I planted in the front yard yesterday.So my garden has been doing okay, not really how I want it but thats okay. I get a few sporadic tomatoes and some beans. Then my potato died so I dug it up and found these 3 very very small potatoes. I don't even know what to do with them but they sure make me laugh. I guess next year I should plant my potato earlier and then water it. This is a coat rack/shelf Jesse made while Hailey and I were in DC. Its right by the front door and I really like it. Now i just have to put something on the top of it
While Hailey was here we picked blueberries and then made some jam.
So here is a picture of Jesse and Hailey. This was the only picture I got of the two of them and it was 5am. :)

5 comments:

Sarah Jarvis said...

I love your pictures, especially the one of your team. Tell Jesse Great Job on the shelf. It looks awesome.

Powers Fam said...

How did you do that four picture collage? What a handy husband Jesse is!! I haven't gotten many big tomatoes this year. Lots of pear and cherry tomatoes though. My plum tree did really well. Probably the best thing in my garden. Are you doing any sewing lately?

WARNERS said...

Your potato plant looks like my tomato plant. Mine suffered some water deprevation as well. I still have high hopes for the next season. The blueberry Jam looks awesome.

How fun to have Hailey come for a visit. How is she liking school.

I'm sorry about your car too - that stinks!

Miss you!

Smart Helm said...

Looks like u are having lots of fun with those kids. As I tell Melissa... Just chalk it all up to experimenting. You were trying something new and now u know not to do that next year :-).

Keep up the cute pictures!

Melissa Bunn said...

I love the pictures and the shelf! Are you sad that swim team is over?