Thursday, May 5, 2011

Yellowstone Part 2

Did I mention that it was cold.  Poor Megan was freezing.

Old Faithful from the boardwalk.  Once nice thing about seeing old faithful early on a cold morning is no one else is around. I love how you can't really see the water just the steam that it made.

Jesse carrying Kade.  At least they were warm.

When we got to this geyser it had no water and then as we walked by it started to sputter and bubble and then water came out.  It was like someone turned on the on switch just for us.

I find these pools so amazing

Some of them are so clear and blue which means they are super hot. I wish we could have seen all the geysers around old faithful but it was just too cold and windy and Kade was not happy about it.  Well lets be honest none of us really wanted to go walk around outside when it was so cold.  Next trip will be when its a lot warmer.

This happened a lot while we drove through the park.  They didn't seem to care they just took their time.

We tried to go tot he Norris Geyser basin twice.  Once Megan and Jesse ran down for a little ways while I stayed in the car with Kade. It was snowing pretty good and too cold for us.  Plus we didn't want to be wet the rest of the day.  The second time we pulled into the parking lot and it was snowing again so we turned around without ever getting out and headed to the little grand canyon of Yellowstone.  Next time we will pack our snow clothes towards the back of the moving van not the front. I guess it was kind of hard to imagine it would be snowing when we left Fayetteville it was 80 degrees. Above is a picture of the lower falls ( i think, kind of bad I can't remember)

Someone was a little tired as we drove back to the hotel

We were so close!  So this lady was eating along side the road so I made Jesse stop so I could take a picture.  She looked up right at me. I think i might hang this picture up in Kade's room or something because I love it. Well that was our quick trip to Yellowstone.   

1 comment:

Smart Helm said...

I love all the behinds!