Thursday, May 5, 2011

Yellowstone Part 1

Since its 6:30 in the morning and I can't sleep I figured I would continue to update my blog about our trip.  I took so many pictures its ridiculous but hey thats part of the fun.  We made it to Yellowstone and it was cold.  We stayed right outside the North gate which was nice.  Oh and even better we were at Yellowstone during National Parks week so we got in free!!  There were a ton of bison and elk around so hopefully you don't get bored with the pictrues

We got out to walk around Mammoth Terraces to see some geysers and springs. Kade does not look super happy but it was cold.

Shhh don't tell but Megan was feeling the water to see how hot it really was...wasn't hot at all at least not right here.

I loved how things look after they have fallen into the water.  We are guessing this used to be a tree branch.

Some spots along the boardwalk were nice and warm and there was an insane amount of steam too

Oh how I love Yellowstone it is so pretty.

This may just be one of my favorite pictures from the day.  Love all their faces.

A kiss from dad

Trying to play around with the macro settings on my lens.  I can't wait to play with this picture in photo shop a little.  For now all the pictures are straight out of the camera.

The bison were everywhere and just walking along side the road.  We were good and didn't touch them even though it was tempting

One of the Elders that served in the singles branch in Fayetteville told us that we needed to go find the Mammoth hot spring.  Well this is it (the name may not be right) Its a spring that comes up right next to the river and empties into it.  The park allows you to go sit in the river as long as it is not directly in the spring.  We took a walk down to check it out and it was beautiful.  Then the next day Megan stayed back at the hotel with Kade (she didn't want to get cold) and Jesse and I went down to the river. The spring water was so hot and the river water so cold. It was so fun to sit in the water and watch the elk and bison around us.

Look at how close that elk was, they could care less about us.

There was just a little too much snow still!  I did however think the buffalo were pretty with all the steam from the geysers coming up.

2 comments:

Melissa Bunn said...

Those are some great pictures. You have done a good job posting about your trip across the country. It's been fun to read. Wish you had to go through Vegas! You are getting closer! Maybe I'll get to see you this summer if I visit my parents.

Anonymous said...

wow, what pictures and an experience you'll never forget!! love it and you guys!!

mom