Tuesday, May 3, 2011

We bought a house!!

So here is a quick update for those wanting to know.  The bank has accepted our offer on a house!!!  We have house hunted a lot the last few months on line and we were pretty sure on what we wanted.  When we met with our Realtor last Friday we found one that fits almost all our needs.  Its over 2,000 sq ft.  has 2.5 bathrooms, 3 bedrooms plus an office.  The kitchen is huge and open and opens up into a big family room.  It has a 2 car garage not a 3 but that will have to come at another time and the yard isn't huge but with so much to do around here we figured that it would be okay.  From the looks of it now we wont have to do much work to it and can move right it.  It even has a fresh coat of paint and carpet. 

We signed papers today and will hopefully have an inspection done Friday and then our Realtor thinks that we can close by the 3rd week of May!!  We are so excited and our Realtor really is awesome.  She has made buying a house a great experience.  When we go to the inspection I will take lots of pictures so hopefully those will be up soon.

5 comments:

Powers Fam said...

Congratulations!!!! I had no idea you guys were thinking of buying. Don't make us wait forever for pics!

Sarah Jarvis said...

Yippe! So there is a guest bedroom, right? :-) I am so excited for you guys and can't wait to see pics! Sounds like a great house!

Powers Fam said...

Oh man! I can't believe you bought a house!!!!! ;) Today I was fixing stuff around my house thinking how nice it was that I was not fixing someone else's stuff. That's gonna be you! I can't wait to see it!

Smart Helm said...

That's great! Super exciting. I was also thinking how happy the people you bought the house from are as well :-) Isn't it great to do something that makes lots of people happy?

bjahlstrom said...

That is amazing! I'm really happy for you guys!