Thursday, May 19, 2011

Kade is 1!

I can't believe that my boy is 1.  I know I'm a little late on this post but we have been busy over here at the Johnson's and we didn't have internet.  I would post more pictures but the internet is super slow.  We have moved in with the Johnson's and it has been great.  The first week we were here we took all the carpet out and redid their hardwood floors.  It was a lot of work we did their huge living room, 2 bedrooms and the master room.  It looks amazing now!.  Then my mom and grandma were here to celebrate Kade's birthday with us.  We had it in the Johnson's beautiful backyard and it was warm and sunny.  Kade got a ton of presents and loves them all.  Chloe and I made him a birthday grown and put "fancies" on it.  I made him an a cake and Jill drew the elephant on it and then I decorated it.  We work well as a team.  Kade loves his stuffed animal elephant and Megan said I should make him an elephant cake and so I did.  Thanks Megan for the idea. More pictures to come once we get faster internet.  Mom and grandma were here for 4 days and we played the whole time they were here.  Yesterday the movers brought the Johnson's stuff and I was incharge of the telling the movers where everything goes.  Oh i forgot to mention that the Johnson's left for 3 weeks so we get to house sit.  So now all their stuff is here and I am unpacking some stuff for them.  Hope they can find it later =)
We are loving Washington it is so pretty and there are so many fun places to go and explore.  I can't wait until we can get into our house and get things settled so we can really go explore.  We are so grateful for the Johnson's and them letting us stay at their house.  

Few fun things about Kade, he has 8 teeth now, he loves stuffed animals, books, cars, being outside, swimming,  playing with his friends, and sleeping.  Yes I know I am lucky.  He crawls everywhere and has taken one or two steps by himself but that's about it.  He holds onto anything and will walk around.  He likes to help push the shopping cart in the store until he sees something that he likes and then crawls over to it.  He is super happy and easy going unless he is hungry and tired.  We sure are lucky to have such an easy going baby. 


4 comments:

Erin Farrar said...

I love the picture! Priceless! Cant wait to see more and I cant wait until I visit you one day...

Smart Helm said...

Happy Birthday Kade! Glad ur enjoying Seattle. I kinda wish I could go back during the summer... but only kinda :-)

Melissa Bunn said...

Happy Birthday little man! What a cutie. Wish we lived closer. I hope I get to see you this summer if I visit my parents!

Jen said...

Super-Mega-Duper-Happy-Birthday-Kade-Man!!!!!!!!!! get faster internet so we can talk to you ;) luvs!!!!
ps-your cousins Davin & Alec wanna play!!