Thursday, April 21, 2011

Quick trip update

We have been on the road now for almost a week and it feels like it has been forever and then again it feels like it has gone by super fast.  I am so grateful for my sister in law Megan for driving with me she has been a life saver.  We have made it through one book on tape now called City of Bones.  Listening to a book makes the drive so much easier.  Kade has done amazing on this trip he is such a great traveler wow I have no complaints.  I'll have to video tape him talking and singing to himself in his seat as he reads his books its sooo funny.

I'll add pictures once we get to Washington and hopefully my laptop will keep working.  It has not been a good week for electronics.  I left my phone in Ohio and then my laptop went nuts.  I am thankful that I had my old cell phone to use because that is what I am now using.

Yesterday we went to Mt Rushmore and today and tomorrow we will be in Yellowstone!  Its cold and snowing here but we are determined to go see old faithful tomorrow.  Then it is off to Washington for us!

4 comments:

Mulhollands said...

Good luck! Do you have a place to live when you get there. I just hated living in a hotel for so long and I still can't get over how much I hate fast food now. I guess you have the johnsons. That will be a blast. Have fun in the snow. If you ever want sunshine then come visit us in Arizona. It's in the 80's here and sunny every day.

Smart Helm said...

That is quite the drive but way to live it up and see all those places. It shore will be fun to hear more about it in detail. Drive safe!

Powers Fam said...

I wish we could have met up with you in Yellowstone but we had to hustle back home because I'm playing in our Stake Easter Cantata. I'm glad to hear you are moving in the right direction! Can't wait to see what new photography backdrops you find. Love you all!

bjahlstrom said...

That is awesome you guys have been able to stop to do a few fun things!