Friday, July 31, 2009

Swim Team

Emily asked me if I would explain a little about my swim team, so here it goes. In May I think or maybe April my boss kept telling me that we needed to make more revenue. Somehow when the budget was made for this year it was a little extreme and our income was no where near what the hospital wanted. So Bill and I started racking our brains for different ideas they were: 1. increase the cost of swim lessons (they are already a lot) 2. have a movie night 3. have a swim team. Well the other 2 were denied but my swim team made it.
I have an 11 man team and it is so much fun. We practice 3 days a week and we will have 3 meets. We have already had 2 and the last one will be in a couple of weeks. I wish we could have more kids and more pool time and space but we are limited seeing how our pool is only 4 lanes wide. Yes it is very very very small.
I love coaching these kids they make me so happy. Plus it has helped me to like my job more and not want another one. My next project after the swim team ends will be to create an adaptive swim program. I am really excited about that so if anyone has any ideas on how to help me please let me know. I was also asked today at the meet if I would do stroke clinics during the year. So more things to plan and start. I'm excited that I am using my degree a little bit. Next year I hope to be a little more prepared and really get this summer swim team going.
Thank you Hailey for your help today!

10 comments:

Emily Nice said...

wow thats so cool! Also fun that Hailey is visiting you. I hope you also let her do fun things and not just work :)

Thanks for clarifying your swim team stuff. I hope you are able to make more money!

kmk said...

Wow, you are so creative! How long is Hailey out visiting you? Tell her hi!

Powers Fam said...

How cool that you are able to start programs that you are interested in!!!! We bought our tickets for TN. October 3-13. So far we don't have any set plans so if there is a time in there that we can get together let us know.

Sarah Jarvis said...

Can I be on your team? I would love to have you as a coach.
Sounds like such a fun job. Can we trade for a few days?

Emily Nice said...

i also wanted to say how good your pictures are. I am envious of your camera and even more so your camera skills!

Smart Helm said...

I agree with Emily on those pictures.

I would be scared to start up programs like that. Have to go talk to people I don't know? Scary! Sounds like lots of responsibility and u are totally stepping up to the plate. Go Jamie!

V and Co. said...

okay so i'm assuming you are from SLO? i remember the pearson's family...you married jessie? he (i think) was in the young mens when i was in that ward. what's your first name and what was your maiden name? so funny this blogging world ;) -V

V and Co. said...

HAHAHA! i just put two and two together! you are jamie FARRAR! YOU MARRIED JESSE!!!
OH am i THAT OLD? okay so now you have to tell me who else married who else! :)

WARNERS said...

I'm so impressed Jamie! I didn't know you started the team. I'm sure the kids adore you - you would be a perfect coach. I remember how much I looked up to my swim coaches at that age. Brings back lots of memories. I'm happy too that you get to be using your degree and are helping others - your gift.

I'm also impressed with all your canning and other ambitions. I sure do miss you!

Oh, and I'm due Nov. 2nd to answer your question.

Melissa Bunn said...

I didn't know you started team either. Looks like we need to catch up over the phone. I know something you might want to know!