Sunday, July 19, 2009

Baltimore

Jesse and I took a trip this weekend up to Baltimore. We had planned on going to a Cake Concert with some friends and so we decided to take some time and visit Baltimore. It turned out to be great and there was a lot to see and do. We went to the Babe Ruth Birthplace Museum just for my mom and brotherHere I am with Babe Ruth in front of Oriole's Camden Park
Here is the light boat we checked out. We decided that a job on this thing would be very boring because their job is pretty much like running a light house out in the middle of the ocean. This boat was stationed in Chesapeake Bay.The Constellation it was an old battleship with sails and cannons along the sidesHere is Tursk the submarine from WW2Jesse was really excited to be on a WW2 submarine
A view from the Inner Harbor
Here is a picture of the a light house we saw. It used to be out in the Baltimore Harbor but they brought it to the Inner Harbor to restore it.
Man picking up a cannon ball is heavyMary Pickersgill home where the 1813 flag was hand sewed and it took her 6 weeks during the war of 1812

Orpheus statue randomly at Fort McHenry.
Jesse not obeying the sign...
A view from Fort McHenryJesse checking out a cannon
We went to the Cake concert and we weren't able to see Cake but we could hear them.

7 comments:

Emily Nice said...

Sounds fun, but I don't know about hearing Cake. I like to eat it. he he he I think I'm funny :) How far away was it to Baltimore? Looks like it was beautiful. Was it hot?

Sarah Jarvis said...

What's with Emily asking all these questions instead of commenting :-)

Looks like a fun weekend. So many pretty and fun places to go to over there. Well, here too. But they don't include the ocean.

I like Cake. We have one of their CDs and I think it is awesome.

I am working on sending you the picture of Max. REally hard...

Oh, and you look really pretty in that last picture.

Smart Helm said...

Ur wearing ur new skirt! Looks great.

Glad u had fun. I'd like to try and pick up a cannon ball.

Melissa Bunn said...

You do look great in that last photo! Looks like a fun weekend! I miss the ocean...and well, water in general. Thanks for sharing!

Powers Fam said...

Speaking of skirts I saw a tutorial and thought I'd pass it on to you. You could wear it now or save it for the time that you need extra room in the belly.....

http://www.alteredcloth.com/blog/2007/06/how-to-make-a-gathered-skirt-with-knit-waistband.php

Joy :) said...

I just love stuff like that...so much fun!!

Powers Fam said...

Cute blog header!!!!! My fav poc of you two is still the one in the upper left corner. Happy Birthday!!! I'm trying really hard to have this baby today but he doesn't seem to want to cooperate. He must think it is hilarious that as long as he stays in there I have to prick my fingers four times a day and give myself a shot in my belly once a day!