Friday, April 3, 2009

Yard Work

Here are some plants I got to plant around the pond. I didn't plant the big plant just the little ones and I'm hoping they will grow and spread out a little bit. Its been so great to get outside and work in the yard.


Today I spent some time in the yard and it was great minus all the pollen that was in the air. There was a yellow haze in the air today and this is the mess that it left on my front porch. After watering I hosed down the front door and porch and then had to dust all the yellow pollen out of my house.I decided to make a square foot garden this year with some help from my friend Jill. Today I made the planter and added the soil, watered and now it is ready to plant tomorrow. I'm really excited about my garden and I hope it does well.
Yesterday for my porch I bought some colorful pots along with a doormat. I got a great deal on some flowers that were almost dead but I think I will be able to revive them.Oh and this is the front planter box. I want a picture of the before and then after my flowers come up and I find something to make a border around the planter box.

7 comments:

Smart Helm said...

Go u! U have a pond?!?!

I'm so jealous. It looks like ur gonna have a beatiful yard. Isn't it wonderful to have things grow?

I need to move.

Natalie & Josh said...

everything looks beautiful. How are the roses doing back by the fence?

Sarah Jarvis said...

how come I missed all those posts? i thought I was always checking, but I guess I was not. Sorry!
You work 40 hours a day? :-) Wow, that is crazy! But I am glad you like it!
How come you have not called me back? Is Jesse home or something? Noah is waiting for his cape. Actually, he wants Emily to make one. He really likes her. Isn't that funny?
Call me, I am writing way too much on here.

Powers Fam said...

Your plants look awesome. There is something so refreshing about planting stuff. Cliff and I have been out working in our garden also. And those pots-I love those cheerful colors!

Emily Nice said...

that welcome mat is awesome! good job on the gardening, looks great! Probably a good thing that I'm not there with all the polen. I don't do well with that if you remember.

Joy :) said...

I love the front porch mat! Good luck with all of the gardening- I wish I had the patients and knowledge for that!

Myriah Cohen said...

A pond! So cool! Are you going to put fish in there?

And nice work on your SFG.