Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Easter

We didn't really celebrate Easter this year since I was on a plane flying back to North Carolina and Jesse was at training so while he was home this past weekend I decided to celebrate Easter. I got him an Easter basket (you really save money buying things the week after) and I really wanted to dye Easter eggs so I bought stuff to do that so Sunday afternoon we died Easter eggs. Then for dinner we made egg salad...mmmm it was good. But I now have enough egg salad to last me the next week and maybe even longer.I tried to write our names and the year on the egg but you can't really see it

We only dyed 12 eggs because I did not need more than that sitting in my fridge but I wish we could have dyed more.
Here is a picture of my beans coming up. Yeah my garden is growing!! This is a picture of the garden last week so everything is a little bigger now.

4 comments:

Smart Helm said...

Way to do what u want, when u want! Its never to late to celebrate Easter.

I'm exited for ur garden.. Emily mustuv rubbed off on u.

Emily Nice said...

yay for growing things and dyeing eggs. i'm sad that i didn't do eggs this year so maybe i should just do it for fun. Glad you and Jesse got some holliday fun in!

Your garden is growing great! You may need to mulch as the soil depth doesn't look that big. My peas are starting to come up and i think i've got some lettuce (hard to tell cause there are weeds sprouting too) but your are much bigger.

Joy :) said...

How Sweet!!
Your garden's looking great!

WARNERS said...

We had too many eggs too. Yours look very festive and you and Jesse look great too!

Good job on your garden. Wow, everyone is growing things. I guess thats what happens in the spring. We are trying a few small grow boxes - we'll see how it goes.

I miss you! Went to dinner with Jen, Sarah and Emily and missed the rest of the chubbs!

We went to thanksgiving point and saw the tulip festival. You would have loved taking pictures - it was so beautiful! Have you been to their gardens? It was my first time and I was so impressed.