Sunday, April 12, 2009

Quick Utah and Idaho Trip

This past weekend was very very busy and lots of fun. I left early Thursday morning to fly to Utah to see my friends and take some graduation pictures since i will not make it to mine. I also mailed my bike to myself which I'm very excited about seeing how I'm going to do a triathlon in 2 weeks.

Cathy, Emily and I went out for frozen yogurt which is something we like to do a lot and I miss it a lot. I haven't found a frozen yogurt place out here.
I decided to take a few pictures of me in a cap and gown in front of UVU since I will graduate May 1st but I am not taking another trip for that. I figure my wedding was my big thing this year and Erin and Hailey can both celebrate their graduations. Yes my parents have 3 graduates this year!
Erin's graduation was fun. Elder Neil L. Anderson the new apostle spoke at her big graduation and then he was at her graduation too (the one where she walked for her major) she was super excited for that. I would be too she got to shake his hand and too bad I didn't get a picture of that. (You can't tell she was happy can you?)
Saturday we took off and went to Jackson Hole and the Grand Teton National Park. I was super excited to go because I think its so pretty up there even if its still covered in snow and only a small part of the park is open. We had a few snowball fights.
On our drive up we passed this huge lake that was totaly frozen over. I don't think I have ever seen an entire lake frozen over and this lake was huge. This picture is only a small portion of the lake.
One of my favorite parts about going to the Grand Teton's was we got to see a Moose and her baby. I'm not sure why I love moose so much but I think ever since I went to Yellowstone with Emily Avery a few years back I have always wanted to see one and this weekend I got to see 2 even if they were far away it was still very exciting. We also saw a ton of Elk but no Bison.I think the Teton's are so beautiful and I want to hike them one day. Hopefully sooner than later.Here is a picture of my grandma sporting my brother's sun glasses. This was her first time in the Grand Teton National Park too.

3 comments:

The Popes said...

You came to Utah and did not bother to call me and tell me to come and see you!!! I am so sad :-(. Looks like you were really busy. I use we will have to meet up the next time we are in the same area at the same time. Congrats on graduating!

Emily Nice said...

glad you got to do some fun things on your short busy trip! Love the pictures of the temple, they are beautiful. Thats where my parents got married! The duck looks green not blue to me.

Smart Helm said...

Wow, what a fun trip! I like the picture of my sister :-)