Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Quick overview

So i know i've been horrible at blogging haven't really felt like it to be honest. So after i got home I had lots to do  lots of poop to clean up thanks to the chickens and RATS!. Set some traps and was lucky to catch one. There are still more. I finally called the exterminator to come out. Eww its so gross I don't do rats. Thank you Tracy for being my hero and disposing of my rats. She was one of the best neighbors ever.

Since we had rats Jesse told me to go get a cat....WHAT? So off we went to the humane society to check out cats. This was the guy we met. He was the only barn cat there so we met him in a little room and liked him a lot. We did get him and named Kade named him Huckle.

Since we were getting a cat we needed to get some supplies. We went to Petco and the boys picked out stuff for our new guy.


We didn't have bread thawed out so i gave the boys cheese and crackers. He  decided to make a sandwich was was so proud of himself...silly boy.

We got a piano for Chirstmas and the boys love it. Kade asks everyday to play it. They like to turn on the pre-music thats already on the piano and then dance around the house. its hilarious and they love it.


Snuggling with this handsome boy

Kade loves to go visit Huckle in the garage where he has been living. Kade goes out a couple times a day and pets him and plays with him. Now lets just hope Huckle comes back. I opened the garage today and well...ummm where did our cat go?  I guess I'm good at having run away animals

Being totally silly 

I can't believe this guy will be 2 in a few more weeks. He is so opinionated and stubborn but such a happy silly busy kid. Poor kid had another ear infection this last week and is just now starting to be happy go lucky again. He gets mean when his ears hurt its so sad.


The Johnson's came down to hang out. It had been way too long. After much difficulty and some help from my neighbor I was able to put the bunk beds together. Rex and Kade enjoyed every minute up there playing.

Mike brought pizza for dinner, he is awesome

The kids were sick on Sunday so I tried to get some projects done. I finished Pam's table runner which I forgot to take a picture of but then I started on trying to back Erin's blanket. Umm I didn't get far but I started.

We watched the super bowl with Ken and Pam since the boys were sick. Kade loved it. He know sees Seahawk paraphernalia around and says thats a seahawk car or house or whatever it was. I am amazed sometimes at how he picks up on stuff so fast.

I didn't feel like cooking so I we went out to eat at Umai's nearby. The boys do so good when we go out. They also wanted to take their new airplanes with them.


We made super yummy cookies they were chocolate with chocolate chips. I had two very good helpers

Seth got stuck. Good thing this was the bottom bunk. Not sure what he was trying to do but it was pretty funny even though he didn't think so.

We started up gymnastics again. They have this little treadmill that the kids can run on and kade is getting pretty good its so funny to watch.

Beds up mattresses on, new sheets bought, comforters on, stuffed animals on, and the beds are ready. Kade loves his bed and Seth loves to play on his. He's not so keen on sleeping in it.

We started getting eggs again!! Its great except I found one smashed today and I'm hoping that they aren't pecking their own eggs open.

It snowed a lot on Saturday night. we got abotu 4 inches so they cancelled church which meant we played out in the snow for awhile. Kade was so excited. I was thrilled we could just bundle up and walk out the door and not have to drive.

Seth was ready. I am grateful the boys have snow gear to wear it made it so much more enjoyable to play out in the snow.

While we were making our snowman Seth tried to eat his nose.

Snow angels

Copying his big brother but not sure what to do. He looks a little pathetic


Our snowman! We built it in front of Ken and Pam's house so they could enjoy it. Pam came and hung out on the porch. 


Love my boys


Getting ready for a snowball fight

More snow angels. He loves the snow and isn't Kade cute as a blue marshmellow

Snowball fight



I had a photo shoot yesterday with this cute little one. She was a feisty one that wouldn't sleep and when she was awake she wanted her binky.

Seth loves ice cream We were at a party all the other kids were done playing and he just sat there and happily continued eating his cake and ice cream.

Seth woke up from his nap not very happy. I was talking to Hailey on the phone and she told me I should take them for a treat. I was like yeah right. But after he had eaten a bit and we had a good dinner we jumped in the car and ran to dairy queen and got blizzards. Then we came home and ate them and all was right. Man these boys are like their father. They love their ice cream.
Have I mentioned how much i love this little table? we use it all the time and I love it. 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

am so glad you updated! the pictures are hilarious, it's good Seth got his head stuck in the bed and not the stair railing!
Jamie, you are a great, fun mom and you do so much for your boys!! they are lucky!


mom

Erin Farrar said...

Yay for new blog updates! Love all the pictures. I can't believe how big they are getting. Cant wait to see you all! Did the cat come back?

Hailey Farrar said...

Looks like lots of fun! I wish I was there to play in the snow with you and eat ice cream! I agree with Mom, you are a great mother, you're boys will have such good memories of all the fun things you do with them.