Sunday, May 13, 2012

Yesterday we celebrated Kade's 2nd Birthday with a small friend party.  It was so much fun and we are so grateful for our friends.  The weather was about 75, we were all hiding in the shade because we aren't used to the sun...sad but true.  I think Kade had a great time and loved all his presents.  Well his friends know him so well give a boy cars, trains and bubbles and he is one happy camper. I still can't believe he is 2 oh and we are entering the wonderful two's at full force!
Birthday boy ready for his party.  I made the banner from scrapbook paper and my cricut.  I decided he needed a fun shirt to wear.  Kade picked out the monster truck fabric at the store. And the crown is from last year.

Grandpa and Seth at the park

The weather was beyond beautiful and we rode bikes down to our neighborhood park where the kids all played.

The party was so exciting Embree fell asleep. Okay not really she was asleep when they arrived.


We spent about 45 minutes at the park and then headed back to the house to eat dinner.  We had pulled pork sandwiches and hot dogs with fruit salad and chips.  I kept it simple.

Then it was present time and Kade got some Thomas the Train pj's.  He loves them and was so excited.  He also got a Thomas lawn chair and some bath toys.

He got a cool car that Rex really wanted to play with.

Not sure about this face and his hand...so funny

Jill made him this cool vandaler/ sash thingy to carry this toys.  I'll have to get a picture of him wearing it sometime

It also came with a purple car that he wouldn't put down.  My mom sent him a Cal Poly hat, its so cute.

Ken and Pam (our adopted neighbors from up front) gave Kade a trike.  He was so excited today when Jesse put it together.
He did really good blowing out the candles.  He was so excited it was so cute

I made a dirt cake with gummy worms and used his tractors and dump truck that Hailey gave him for christmas.

Everyone enjoying their cake.  I loved it because it was so easy to make and I didn't have to frost anything.

Its so funny Chloe and Rex LOVE Jesse and Kade LOVES Mike. 

Watch out Rex is gonna get you.  I put squirt guns in their party favors and it was a big hit.
Last Friday I took prom pictures for the girls across the street and their friends.  It was a lot of fun and reminded me of my senior prom.
Today after church we headed to the park.  Kade loves dandelions and as you can see wanted to share with Seth.  Poor seth had those little seed things all over his face. I wanted a cute picture of me and the boys but that didn't happen thanks to Kade being grumpy and not looking at the camera.  At least we got some cute family pics.  Thanks dad!



2 comments:

Smart Helm said...

Looks like a way fun birthday! Great pictures.

Melissa Bunn said...

Good job with the birthday. Looked like fun! Aren't twos fun! I really hope we get to come visit you this summer.