Sunday, March 4, 2012

So here it goes.....don't worry this story isn't gross.  So Wednesday morning I woke up when Jesse's alarm went off at 5:45am.  Thats early and so annoying to wake up at that time and to not be able to fall back asleep!  I laid in bed until he left and then finally got up around 6:45.  I figured there was no reason I needed to be in bed when I could be out doing stuff.  The day before I had a drs appointment and he stripped my membranes so that night I had started to feel a few contractions/cramping but had a great night sleep.  Well 7am thursday morning the contractions started..
They weren't super strong but consistent.  I called Jesse around 10:30 and suggested that he come home becasue they were getting closer and everyone says labor progresses a lot faster with the 2nd child.  I also called Jill to have her come get Kade.  By the time Jesse got home my contractions were about 5-6 minutes apart.  I was ready to go I had been up moving most the morning to keep my mind off the pain.  We waited for Jill to come,  Jesse was starting to get a little anxious which is so funny because he is always the calm one.  I on the other hand didn't want to get to the hospital to soon because I don't like to just sit there and wait for the pain. So I mde us take some family pictures. 


I swear we got stuck behind the slowest drivers while on the way to the hospital.  We got to the hospital and made it up to labor and delivery.  It took forever (well so it felt) to get me all hooked up to the monitors and then we waited even longer for Dr Wooden to come up.  I was only dialated to about a 4/5 and only 50 effaced.  My Dr had to convince the nurses that I needed to stay and so glad he did.  We waited in the admitting room hooked up to the machines for an hour and a half or so and then finally got to move to the delivery room.  The room was huge. 

My nurse was slow moving and took her time taking my blood so I could get an epidural. By then I just wanted the drugs.  Well she took them out to send them down to the lab and was gone for about 20-30 minutes.  Dr Michels who works with Dr Wooden came in to check on me and while he was in there my water exploded.  I think the word exploded describes it perfectly and it really is the oddest feeling.  It felt so good though too because there was so much pressure before. Well my water broke the Dr looked at us and said he was going to change. He wasn't gone more than a few minutes and I felt the baby coming I told Jesse to go out and get someone.  Well Jesse looks at me and is like well okay, and then slowly and calmly gets up and walks out to the door. I had to yell at him to come back because I was having another really hard contraction and by the time he got back to me I was crowning.  The nurses and doctors all ran in and by then Seth was almost out.  The doctor was barely there with gloves on to catch him.

I don't even remember the doctors name who delivered Seth because he wasn't one of the others. Dr Wooden felt so bad he wasn't there but to me it didn't matter I was just glad there was someone there to get him.  So we had been in the hospital just over 2 hours and Seth had joined us.  I have to say I am grateful for how fast it was and glad I did it without drugs.  Now I can say I did and thats pretty cool.  I didn't think I had it in me.

So now we are home and Grandma Paula and GG are here to help and entertain Kade.  Seth doesn't really like to sleep during the night but is a great sleeper during the day.  We need to change this but he is only 4 days old I think it will be okay.

6 comments:

Erin Farrar said...

All your pics are great! Can't wait to see more! Glad the doctor caught the baby.

Sarah Jarvis said...

congrats, jamie! so exciting! he is such a cutie and you all look fantastic! you did a great job and it is nice when they do come so fast... as long as it is not in the car... hope you get to adjust well to having two boys! the next few years are going to be a blast! well, and the rest of your life, of course! :-) so happy for you!

Emily Nice said...

I don't think you should have to pay the doctors for this one... you should ask if they give a refund since they didn't do anything :)

Love the pics and glad you and the family are healthy.

Smart Helm said...

That first picture looks to me like Jesse had the baby and your handing Seth to him :) Congrats again!

bjahlstrom said...

He is so cute! I am so impressed with your strength!

Emily said...

Good work on the baby, but I am most impressed by the fact that you blogged before going to the hospital, and already twice more since then :)