Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Projects

A few weeks ago I finished making the valances for our windows.  I have 2 more to do but i need to go buy more foam.  These were super super easy to make.  I used this tutorail and wow it was great.  It took me awhile to figure out what I wanted but I love these.  It adds just the right amount of brightness to our really white walls.

I found the fabric when I was in Las Vegas visiting the Mel's.  Its a discount fabric store and paid less than $5 a yard for this fabric and the stuff for Kade's room.  I was so excited and I bought so much of it. I ended up putting the flower stuff all downstairs.

Here is a window in Kade's room.  My goal is to get his room complete before the baby comes. 

This week I found frames at Michael's for cheap so I bought a few and then framed some pictures I have had.  I actually just used a couple calenders I have saved that we have gotten for Christmas from the Pearson's.  I have 3 calenders that I saved and I'm so glad I did.  I like that Kade has pictures of Christ in his room and I love that I could repurpose the calender.  I couldn't throw the beautiful pictures away.

Here is there other wall. I really need to replace the black frames but I have not found any the right size yet.  Kade now points out and can say the animals in the frames.

I made a tree skirt for our awesome tree.  It was fun to go to Joanne's and get all the Christmas fabric.  Have I mentioned thatI love pintrest because that is where I have found a lot of stuff, well at least saved it there so I can find it again. I used a few different tutorials and oh wait its still not done but I'm not worried about that until after Christmas since there are presents under the tree now.


Now out of all the projects I have done recently this is the one I'm most proud of.  In August while in Solvang I bought this crossstich stocking and I am proud to say its done!! before chirstmas!! It took forever and I worked on it all the time. Now I'm not sure what to do with my time.  It took forever but I'm so happy I did it.  I think it looks so good and I hope Kade will love it.

One day I got together with some friends and we made these great pillows. Its fun to do it with friends and its a lot cheaper if you all split the fabric.  We got the idea from Cluckclucksew I love her site.

I had extra fabric so I made this pillow i used this and this for inspiration.  I really like how it turned out. I love making pillows because they are easy and then really easy to store the cover.

Now I just have to finish making a stocking for Jesse and me, paint the playroom, finish Kade's quilt, wrap presents, make a few, and hopefully have fun doing it all.  Its totally possible now that Kade's stocking is done, I wont know what to do with myself.

5 comments:

Smart Helm said...

Wow.. have you been busy! Those pillows look way cute.

Powers Fam said...

What an inspiration you are to me!! Way to get Tim's if projects done. And the stocking is way too cute! Great job. I love the pillows. I bought some Cheistmas fabric to make a few pillow and now I'm rethinking my pillow plan.

Powers Fam said...

Hahaha! Well if you would stop working on Tim's projects you'd be able to finish those last projects. ;)

Emily Nice said...

wow you have been so creative and busy. They all turned out so cute.

bjahlstrom said...

Awesome projects! I like Kade's room.