Saturday, October 17, 2009

So far this month.....

I have been biking with a friend once a week so I thought I would take some picture of where we go. Here is a cotton fieldAnd more cotton
Some horses. I know the pictures aren't the best but thats what happens when you take them while you are in a moving car
There are a lot of old buildings like this around here. I think its odd how they just let the trees and plants grow in and around them



Here is my sewing machine that I have had for awhile now. I got it when my great grandma passed away. I love this machine it has made lots and lots of jean blankets and baby blankets and more. The only thing I didn't like on it was the finish on it. It was yellow and had some water damage

So after a few weeks well maybe months we finally got it sanded. That took forever because sanding makes you really dirty. Well the fun and easy part was staining it. We decided to go for a darker color so here it is. Its all put back together and I love the way it looks

So a lady I talk to all the time at work gave this to me today. Its a surger, I'm not sure what to do with it exactly but I'm sure once my mother-in-law Kathy comes I'm sure she can help me.

5 comments:

Powers Fam said...

How lucky are you??? She gave you a serger. I love my serger. Haven't used it to it's full ability yet but I've got plenty of time. Really makes the clothes I've made look more finished. Are you guys coming out this fall/Christmas or staying home this year?

Sarah Jarvis said...

I am confused. Were you biking there or driving????
I have no idea what a serger is. None. But I bet I could not use it since I don't even own a needle or thread. Karl has to use dental floss when he wants to sew (bike shoes, backpacks, and the like).
Great job on the sewing machine table.

Smart Helm said...

I am so jealous of ur serger! Man you can just whip out sewing projects with that machine.

And I think its fun that you redid the sewing machine. Perhaps I should change mine... wait, its yellow. Never mind.

Kira said...

Lucky! I want a serger. They will make quilting so much easier. You will love it!

Emily Nice said...

looks great! Hope you were able to get all the pieces back together in working order :)

My mom got a surger, and uses it about equally with her regular one. Since you like quilts and such I think it will be great for you!