Friday, October 23, 2009

French Bread



This bread is super good and its even easy to half the recipe to make only one loaf. Jesse did that this week so we don't have so much bread. Here is the great recipe
2 tablespoons yeast + 1/2 cup water + 1 tablespoon sugar add together let yeast rise
3 cups warm water
1/2-1/2 cups sugar
1 tablespoon salt
8 cups flour

Add 3 cups water with sugar, salt and yeast mixture
Beat in flour
Knead until elastic and smooth (ours used more than 8 cups of flour)
Let rise until double in size
Knead and then make loaves
Let rise until double again
Bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes until crust is golden brown.

Beware it makes a lot of bread but it is sooooo good.

6 comments:

Smart Helm said...

Thanks for posting that! I'm gonna have to try it.

Nice pictures. Now ur hard work is preserved for postarity

Powers Fam said...

Did you make any soup or stew to go with it? I'm do looking forward to cooler weather just for cozy food.

kmk said...

Hey, thanks for posting this. I just got inspired to try making bread for my very 1st time, after making pizza dough. I will use your recipe, thank you!

juleen said...

Don't you LOVE your kitchen aid

Melissa Bunn said...

Yumm. thanks for the recipe!

Erin Farrar said...

Yay! I made the bread and it actually worked, I can never make bread. It tasted good too.