Sunday, November 1, 2009

Mashed Potatoes

(I forgot to take a picture but couldn't blog and not put a picture up so thanks google)


The other day I was flipping through a magazine my grandma sent me and I saw an add for mashed potatoes and cream cheese. I love cream cheese, I know its not very good for me but man it tates so good. So today for break the fast at church I decided to try out this new recipe and it is super good thats why I'm sharing it with you all.

What you need
2-2 1/2 lbs potatoes (I used a few more)
1 tub cream cheese spread either chive and onion or spinach artichoke (we use chive and onion)
1 tbsp butter or margarine
1 tsp of salt

And make mashed potatoes like you normally would.

This recipe was super super easy and the cream cheese makes the mashed potatoes creamy. I will be making this again soon thats for sure, and everyone at church seemed to like them because I didn't have any to bring home afterwards.

3 comments:

Smart Helm said...

That does sound very rich... and very yummy. Thank you for sharing!

Joy :) said...

YUMMY- 2 of my favorite things-startch and cheese!! I'm going to have to try it! Thanks!

Powers Fam said...

I was at Costco and all I could remember was that there was a yummy recipe that called for cream cheese. Couldn't remember what it was or where I saw it. It was your mashed potatoes! Gonna have to try those. Also, I got your message and I'm gonna call you back! I promise. I think I know what you are talking about but I'm hoping it is something different. :)