Saturday, June 27, 2009

$2.00 Skirt

I have to say I am very proud of myself. Yesterday I had the day off which was fabulous and so I decided to make a skirt from some of the .99 cent fabric that I got in Solvang. Now I have never made clothing before so I was really scared about messing up and not having enough fabric. Well I did mess up once but had enough fabric to still make the skirt. It took me about all afternoon and a phone call or two trying to figure out how to sew a zipper but I did it and best of all it fits!! I am so excited. Now that I know what I'm doing I will probably attempt another one out of a table cloth that I found for $5. Yeah for bargin shopping!

9 comments:

Anna said...

SO CUTE!!! I love it! I love finding deals like that on fabric and then making something out of it that I know costs way more at the store.

kmk said...

Nice work!!!!Nice fabric too!

Natalie & Josh said...

Grate Job!!! It is beautiful!

WARNERS said...

I'm very impressed - it is really cute.

Myriah Cohen said...

Oh! I'm so proud of you!

Sewing clothing can become addicting, so watch out!

Melissa Bunn said...

Way to go Jamie! The skirt looks great.

Powers Fam said...

That skirt is so cute!!!! Awesome job Jamie! Here is another cheap skirt you should check out....

http://joceybee.blogspot.com/2009/04/skirt-project-2.html

She has a tutorial on how to do it also.

Smart Helm said...

Way cute.. U did a great job. I'm impressed that u did the zipper too!

FYI, Yellow is my favorite color.

Emily Nice said...

wow that is super impressive. i didn't know you sewed... or maybe i forgot? anyways that is awesome!