Friday, March 6, 2009

I got a job!

I got a job. After 2 interviews I got a call offering me a job. Its only exciting that I will now have something to do each day. You may be wondering what I'm going to do but I bet all of you who know me can guess......yes life guarding and teaching swim lessons. I know its not that exciting but seeing how it is really hard to find a job around here and I know a few people that say they have been looking for months and still haven't found one I'm feeling pretty lucky. I thought I would share my happy news because about a half hour before I got the news I was able to lock my keys in the truck then have to go home for the spare key, couldn't remember the password, and ended up setting off the ridiculously loud alarm. Anyways that's a whole other story that I'm not going to go into. I do know that security systems work really good and the cops were here pretty fast. Well time for chores..yuck.

7 comments:

Sarah Jarvis said...

Chores? If I did not have kids or a husband around I sure would not be doing chores! Come one! :-)
Congrats on getting a job! The pool you will be working at will be really lucky to have you. I will call you since I want to know the whole key story!

Smart Helm said...

That story sounds hilarious!

Good luck with the job. All I can say is I'm glad there are people in the world like you who enjoy doing jobs like that. ICK.

Otherwise I couldn't go swimming!

Jamie Pearson said...

Yes its not a very exciting job. Brainless to say the least but I like teaching lessons and its easy. One of those jobs you can leave and don't have to think about until you are back at work.

Natalie & Josh said...

Congrats on the Job!!! I know how hard it is to find one there! Well I'm glad the alarm is working and I know it is ridiculously loud! lolol

kmk said...

Congratulations on the job!!! That is really awesome. Seeing as how so many people are geting layed off lately, getting a job today is quite a bit harder than it used to be. .. So, that is awesome!!!

Emily Nice said...

way to use your college education... just kidding. I'm glad that you are able to rely on your tons of experience to have a job.

Kate told me to tell you that you really should go to Germany. She is looking at her atlas for the last couple of days and getting the "itch."

Powers Fam said...

Congrats on the job! I know it will be nice to have something to look forward to everyday even if it is work. Maybe you can give Julia a few pointers when you come out again.