Monday, February 23, 2009

North Carolina Battleship

When Jesse was here we decided to take a trip out to the beach to have some fun. We had gone to the Airborne Museum here in Fayetteville and its a really good museum. We couldn't think of much to do and it was really cold outside so we decided to go check out the North Carolina Battleship. That turned out to be great even though it was raining. If we had gone in the summer I'm sure it would have been really hot and crowded. It wasn't that crowded when we went to it was great.

Here are the bunks they sleep in. I can't imagine having to sleep in one of these especially since there are 4 beds to one bunk.
Here is Jesse checking out the inside of the ship. This is where they launch the missles. I have to say I never realized how cool battleships are but man I would never want to live on one. They are so small.
After we toured the battleship we went to the aquarium. It was small but lots of fun. There were some of the biggest fish I have ever seen. I really like the picture below of the Jellyfish.

5 comments:

Powers Fam said...

Do you think they slept head to head or had to smell each other's feet? Talk about cramped quarters...I would go batty (on a battleship!)

Smart Helm said...

That's looks like fun!

I have Personal Space issues so I would NEVER survive on a ship. I know, I looked into it during college.

BTW, got ur message but it was late... Call me again sometime!

Emily Nice said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Emily Nice said...

I'm glad you and Jesse got to have some fun times and see the sights. Thatws good so that when people come to visit you know where to take them!

sorry i spelled Jesse's name wrong on the last one. Hope it won't happen again, but it probably will. sorry in advance!

WARNERS said...

What a fun adventure. I love the pictures. I think you guys are going to have pretty darn cute kids!