Friday, December 4, 2015

11/24-11/29 Thanksgiving

This week was supposed to be low key and relaxing and well it did not go that way. It ended up being a really busy week.
We started off by going to Kade's classroom for a little thanksgiving play and feast. Have I mentioned that I love his teacher? She is great!
Then I ran home and helped Ashley make a quilt for their school secrtary. I thought it was going to be some squares but oh no we had to get much more detailed. 
It took us about 4 hours to make and I love the panda and it wasn't that hard.
I went with some friends and got my toes done. I love the grinch it's just fun and we had a really fun girls night.
After running some errands one morning I stopped at Coco's bakery and we picked up some yummy treats. 3 mini donuts on a stick. Gotta love the Asian style.
It's getting a little cold here. Not going to lie it's amazing how our bodies adapt to the heat. I've been freezing and it's been in the high 60's
Wednesday we headed to white beach with the McPherson's and Park's to camp and have thanksgiving. The gang of kids and Ashley and Jon.
I love how well the boys sleep while camping.
Seth played really hard the night before and wouldn't wake up.
Thanksgiving morning we had a great breakfast. Pancakes,eggs and bacon. The McPhersons had a trailer so we cooked everything super easy especially since it was so windy at our campsite. The trailers were more protected.
We built an igloo out of coral.
Ashley and I supervising their work. The wind was crazy and yes we are wearing sweatshirts and it's probably about 70
These kids crack me up
We were sitting around the campsite in the wind when our tent was bent all crazy. It's not supposed to be at a 90 degree angle. After that we called it a day and packed up and went home. The wind was only going to get stronger and our tent was broken. We still had fun camping one night. Maybe next year we will do a trailer.
Ellen and Kade. These two say they are going to marry each other. They have become quite good friends they are in the same school at class and now we go to church with them.
We were still able to do our thanksgiving dinner. Our awesome fryer cooked a great turkey and Jesse sure knows how to season it really well.
Dinner at the Parks. It ended up to be a ton of fun and really relaxed. We ended up having turkey, rolls, corn, and Japanese yams. Emily even ran down to the shoppette and bought a pumpkin pie. It was a great night.
Oh this one is going to be a funny kid. He thinks he is so funny. 
We went furniture shopping and I looked back to see Jack just pulling Seth's hair while he was sleeping.
Jesse must have been bored or had a mild stroke because he was in a house improvement mode like I have never seen. Well maybe it was different because we can't do much to our place here so he started moving stuff. I had mentioned moving the boys and all their stuff into the master bedroom. Well he was like let's do it! So that started the crazy weekend of moving stuff.
This how we felt
The boys room all put together with all their toys. It's pretty awesome. Lots of room to play.
Jesse thought I should put all my craft stuff downstairs where the toys were so now I have a craft room. We even made a nice craft table. Now just to get everything else organized. It's still a work in progress
Still working on Jack's stocking
Oh man isn't he handsome! Such a little stud
And he knows it
Today after church and nap time we went and explored the Yara Castle ruin and park. It was pretty worn down but still fun to explore
It has a very little playground
Following some crazy trail.
It has a pretty river that runs through it
And of course tombs and shrines theoughout the park
Checking out the fish. They may have found a new fishing spot 
It's a gorgeous park.
More exploring
We had to take dad to the big concrete slide too. I need to figure out how to upload movies from my phone. 

It was a busy week for sure. Now here is to a slower week...maybe? Aunt Kerry comes so probably not too low key.

1 comment:

Erin Farrar said...

Looks like so much fun! I can't believe how big the boys are, and what a stink Jack is. Good thing Seth was asleep! Keep posting!