Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Shuri Castle

We went to Shuri Castle one day. I wish I could remember the history of it but right now I can't. I do know that it was bombed down during WWII and they have since restored it.
They give the kids maps and then have these little stands where they can stamp their maps. Its great it keeps the kids totally engaged.

Before we entered the courtyard inside Shuri Castle

A view from the Castle

The famous Shuri Castle picture. Everyone who has been here takes their picture here. Next time we will get all of us.



There were lots of stairs. 

A pretty pond

This child of mine is so silly. He is so determined most of the time and will do as he pleases.

Don't you want to drink out of this water?

Jack was a trooper and took a nap


The weirdest looking ducks I have ever seen. The boys call them cow ducks.

Around the castle there are tunnels from WWII. This is where the Japanese army had their command and probably also hid.

Huge Koi fish

Me and my boys

I love the stone work






1 comment:

Unknown said...

wow amazing castle, I love how Seth's silly hat matches his t shirt. that hat cracks me up, and he is always wearing it!

can't wait to come over to explore with you guys!