Sunday, September 13, 2009

This week

Ever since we got back from Ohio its been non stop. On one of my walks Caren had mentioned that she buys a box of bananas for $3.99. I was so excited because Jesse eats a ton of bananas. The thing is the box of bananas are not always out but guess what they were when I went this week. So I bought a boxJesse was averaging about 3-4 bananas a day. Jesse took some to the guys at work and then made some kind of topping for ice cream. I have also made banana muffins, and plan to make banana bread. I also cut up a bunch and put them in the freezer for later. Its so fun having so many banana's.

A couple in my ward had a baby about a week ago and so I asked them if I could practice and take some pictures of her. They were awesome and let me take a ton of pictures. There are more on the photo blog.Saturday Jesse and I participated in a 1.7 mile swim in the ocean. It was called Pier 2 Pier and was at Wrightsville Beach. Jill took this picture after we raced so our numbers are coming off already. The girl who wrote the number on my arm missed my number 35 tattoo so I still have 35 showing up on my arm really nice.
Jesse and Mike tried to spear fish but it was too cloudy so they didn't catch anything. I was sad because I was looking forward to eating fish. It was a beautiful day at the beach and Jesse made a sand cave that we covered with a sheet and it provided great shade. I missed getting a picture of that I was a little tired and slept a good portion of the time we were at the beach =)
Well that was our week but man I feel still tired and today I woke up at 6:30am! The one day this week I had to sleep in and I couldn't....ahh it was very frustrating.

5 comments:

Sarah Jarvis said...

hey, that sounds like a fabulous and fun week to me. tell us more about the ocean swim. I will call too and you can tell me all about it. i will have to come out just to do one of those. i never got to in CA.
I am sure it was a big sacrifice for that family to have you take pictures of their daughter. haha. you are so nice!
by the way, Noah HATES bananas. He can't even be in the same room as them. funny kid.

Melissa Bunn said...

Yay! Way to swim! How'd you do? I need to call you so you can tell me all about it. Dan likes bananas too...not quit as much as Jesse though. What a great deal though!

Smart Helm said...

Wow. U are a busy busy girl! But it sounds like fun busy. You are a baking and photography queen.

Aren't u afraid to swim in the ocean? What is something comes up and bites you?

Joy :) said...

Good job with the swim!! You guys are always keeping busy!

Emily Nice said...

I agree with Sarah. I want to know more about the swim.

There are much worse habbits then bannana eating, so I guess you should keep encouraging that behavior :)

Love the baby pics